Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I stepped on a nail it went right trough my shoe and in my foot and we got a baptism commitment all in the same week.

                                                          JUNE 14th, 2011


hey!!!!
So this week was pretty good, I'm learning so much i love it :) I'm glad you were able to go and help the helping hands. I remember doing that and I miss it. We don't get to do as much service here as we would like. But I do miss doing service projects even if I am a little lazy or used to be.  Thanks for the story about your ward mission leader dad, this week hasn't been the easiest, just in terms of people standing us up, and getting our bikes stolen and just like everything going wrong. I want you my family to know that I know that I have trials because they help me grow. If I didn't, if this mission would be too easy, I wouldn't learn a darn thing. The Lord gives us these trials to test us but also to help us grow. I have a testimony of this and I'm glad for the chance that I have to learn and to grow and to go forward with an eye towards faith and that in the end the Lord will help me. More importantly than Him helping me He will help me grow and change.  I know that's true because I've experienced it on my mission even if I haven't been here a long time. The Lord loves us and wants us to learn and only He knows how we will be able to learn. Thank you for your love and your encouragement and for your support.  I'm so grateful for you my family and I know that I picked you in the pre-existence, and I know that I picked wisely. I am so lucky to have you and sometimes I take it for granted but you my family have literally changed me life and I thank you for that. Have a great week and dad have a great fathers day, I'm sorry I didn't get you anything but I'll do my best in giving myself to the Lord. Thank you for your great example and for literally being THE BEST DAD EVER!!!! and don't you EVER forget that we are a wolf pack, the GLOWA PACK! I love you so much. Thank you for everything I pray for you always and I know that the Lord is not only growing me but you two are also growing. You two still have lots to learn and that's why we all have trials, I love you both and wish you a great week and will talk to you next week, love you.....

WEDNESDAY NIGHT- So I was walking in Centro and I stepped on a nail it went right trough my shoe and in my foot, it wasn't too bad but I still treated it so it wouldn't get infected, haha random story that's pretty much all that happened that night :p

THURSDAY- Today we went to the branch president's house and ate with him. It was very good and I ate a lemon for the first time. I took a video so you can all see haha. I'm not the best at sending pictures but I've been better at taking them. I'm going to send a package soon and you'll get them then. We also taught the Brazilian family, the father was there so we were able to teach the whole family it was awesome. We talked about the plan of salvation and the dad was taking notes and everything the lesson was so spiritual and awesome. We had already given a baptism date for the mother and daughter but not the father and son . That night we set a baptismal dates with the whole family for the 25th of June its so exciting :) they know its true, they are a little worried about baptism, because it is  a big choice. But they know its right and they are excited for it, the daughter especially knows its true and she's like the Joseph Smith of the family its pretty awesome to see.

FRIDAY- We had weekly planning and then we had a lesson with a less-active Margharita it was good we did a practice lesson for my companion where he taught the plan of salvation. It went really good, then that night we went to Wener's house (the member helping us with famiglia Santos ( that Brazilian family) We taught them Italian and ate with them it was good. I find it funny teaching Italian when i'm still learning myself haha but I guess you learn things better when you teach it so there you go :)

SATURDAY- Today we had English class and we talked about the book of Mormon and it was really awesome. Our English student Carla  is going to Washington DC for a month so we won't be having English class anymore because she was our only student so we will have to find more people that want to learn English :) Today we taught this African guy in the park that we met last week we gave him a book of Mormon and told him about it. He said he would read and pray about it. It's so weird teaching in English, haha I'm going to come home and I won't be able to  communicate at all. I'll go out with the missionaries at home and won't be any help at all haha so yeah it was fun teaching in English but almost felt wrong haha joking.  Then we also taught this other Brazilian family that we did casa into last week. They told us to come back so we did and they let us in and we taught them about the book of Mormon too. They had been here for 5 yeas so they spoke Italian very well. Then that night we taught famiglia Santos and we watched the Joseph Smith movie with them and then we bore our testimonies it was awesome and they really enjoyed it. They told us they were coming to church before we had the time to invite them it was awesome haha :)

SUNDAY-We had church and we had famiglia Santos came. The whole family and they loved it, I talked to them later and they said they felt the spirit so strongly and they are learning so much. I know that they will get baptized and that the Lord is prepared them for this moment. We also had another Brazilian investigator at church. Not that family we taught on Saturday but another one...there are a lot of Brazilians in Mantova.  Famiglia Santos is getting in so good with the ward that Wener invited them over for lunch after church. They are such good friends, its awesome!  Then we taught this other African guy in Centro his name is Wisdom, is that a sweet name or what. We did another book of Mormon lesson it was really good, he was just way humble. it was a good Sunday.

MONDAY- Did some casa and then we had a lesson with this guy name Samuel, he is african. He wasn't there but we talked to this  other african who was born in Italy we gave him a book of Mormon and told him we want to play basketball with him and that we should teach him the gospel.  He seemed pretty legit so we will see what happens.  We taught famiglia Santos again and gave them the word of wisdom, the lesson wasn't long because Anziano Reynoso and I went to Verona for a blitz. We got them to except the commandment it was awesome, and then we went to Verona with the zone leaders.

TUESDAY- We did a scambi with the zone leaders and we did a lot of contacting. I went with Anziano Bulnick and we went to Centro and talked to people and taught lessons to africans. A member of the church from American came up to us and started talking to us it was sweet. I took some video of Centro and of us walking so you'll get to see Verona it was way awesome. We decided to stay the night here in Verona and that's why we are doing email there haha.  On Tuesday I got pooped on by a bird for the first time in my life haha I've been trying to avoid it my whole life and i did so for 19 years but they finally got me

Anyways that was my week, I'm sorry this email is a bit shorter, I'll write more next week

LOVE YOU Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment