Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas News!!


Hey!!!
This week has been a weird week for me. Let’s just say that all the miracles I had last week didn’t carry on to this week. Haha, everyone that we met stood us up so this week was a finding week again, which I don’t mind because I know that I’m doing the Lord’s work.

THURSDAY
After I wrote to you, we were going to go to Seberga (I think that is how it’s spelt). It’s a castle and it was a nice day but we ended up doing other stuff and would have had time to go but we went to the Torino 2 ward and played ping-pong with other missionaries. It was fun. Later that night we just did casa but didn’t find anyone.

FRIDAY
We did a super split; the zone leaders from Torino 2 ward came to Collegno and we blitzed the city. I went with one zone leader and my comp went with another and all 4 of us stayed in Collegno and did casa. Together, we taught 4 lessons and found 2 more investigators so that was a blessing.

SATURDAY
In the morning we just did casa and tried to find some people. That night we had our Christmas party/dinner. It was fun; we watched the Christmas message by the first presidency. I didn’t understand a lot of it because it was in Italian but I got the jest of it.  Then the young men and young women did a presentation thing where they sang and read quotes and scriptures; it was really nice.  Afterwards we had dinner and it was good but it was more just like snock stuff. Not really like 5-course dinner or anything but nonetheless it was good because it was Italian. Haha I love the food here!!!

SUNDAY
We went to church like always and I’m talking to more and more members. The unity between the missionaries and the members is amazing. That night we did casa and this Atheist let us in and we just talked and he was very open he was a cool guy but its hard to get return appointments for anyone now because it’s the holiday season and the Italians like to drag on the holidays as long as possible! Haha but my comp and me haven’t given up on finding investigators but we decided that we are just going to find members instead, haha. We were leaving the apartment of the Atheist and we saw this women and she was like you're Mormons right? And we were like yeah how do you know us? She was like “I was baptized 4 years ago but I don’t go anymore,” so we got her number and we'll meet her next week. Haha so that was a cool experience.

MONDAY-TUESDAY
Nothing really happened. We did a lot of casa and didn’t really find anyone. We had a bunch of pass bys but we got stood up on all of them but that’s okay. We all have trials for a reason; we may not be able to see them all right now but we will sooner or later.

I’ll tell you what my plans are for Christmas. So I will sleep in until I wake up and then we have lunch at the bishop’s house. Then we have a dinner appointment at a member’s home that night we will get there at like 5. After we eat, we will watch a Disney movie and then head home and get ready to work the next day.

I love you all and I’m so grateful for your love and support and I will talk to you on Saturday! :) I love you

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment