Friday, January 7, 2011

Missionary work continues in Italy !

Hello Everyone!

It was great to talk to you on Skype and see you. It felt so great.
          What I did this week:
WEDNESDAY:
After I wrote my emails, we went shopping for companion gifts. I got Anziano Meszaros a Ben10 toy thing (it was more of a joke toy) and he got me a really nice leather wrist band that I showed you on Skype. It has Torna con Onore written on it, which means return with honor.

THURSDAY:
For the first part of the day we made brownies to deliver to less active families and then did casa that night.

FRIDAY:
Like I already told you, we found that family (Mother, Father and child). Their family name is Sara and we also went to Mid-Night mass and I was so tired!!!! It was weird being up soooo late.

SATURDAY: 
We got up at 10, so we got to sleep in a bit and that was nice. And then we had lunch at the bishop’s house. Afterwards, we went to another member’s house and that is when I called home. Afterwards we ate again hahaha it was soooo hard eating 2 huge meals in the span of like 3 hours hahaha. Let’s just say water was my best friend for those few hours; trying to get food to go down my throat hahaha.

SUNDAY:
Church was only an hour because it’s an Italian Holiday for some Priest or something. Then we went to a member’s house, his name is Andrea. He’s a really cool guy. We ate with his mom and his sister and again we ate a lot hahaha and then we did more casa haha.

MONDAY:
We had district meeting and talked about the Book of Mormon and why we liked it and we shared our favorite scripture. It was awesome and then we went on Scambi (which is a spli), so I stayed in Tornio with Anziano Dean and Anziano Gammel (district leader) went to Collegno.  We had a few appointments and lessons and did a bit of casa afterwards.

TUESDAY:
We ended Scambi, so I went back to Collegno and then we did casa and had English class. That night we played this fun game; everyone writes a few famous people on different slips of paper and then we put it into a bowl. We then divide into teams and then you have to pull out a paper and describe that person in English and your team mates have to guess who it is.

WEDNESDAY:
Today, I am writing my emails later because we went to the Shrine of Saint Michael. It’s in a town called Saint-Ambrogio. It’s a 20 minunte train ride away from Collegno. It was this huge castle with a church in it, which was really cool. I didn’t take any pictures with my camera because I thought I forgot it at home so I got a bunch with Anziano Meszaros' camera. Later I found out that I had my camera in my backpack the whole time hahhaa oh well.  We did that with a member in our ward and afterwards he invited us and 6 other missionaries to his house for lunch. So then we ate spaghetti at his house and it was so good and Italian haha. That is what I did today and I will probably go and do casa tonight.

I love you all and I was so glad that I was able to talk to you. I hope that you all have a good week. I LOVE YOU!!!!

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment