Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The ups and downs of a mission !!!

HEY!!!
To answer your question , I didn't receive letters or packages yet because I only get them at Zone Conferences . So I'll be getting packages and stuff tomorrow because it's our zone conference ,if they are there.
So about my week

WEDNESDAY- Nothing really happened . Anziano Meszaros had to pack because he was getting transferred on Thursday. After we packed we went and had a meeting with Enzo our ward mission leader. I like him a lot, he's 26 and he served in the Catania mission when it was open. Then we got pizza together from our pizza place La Perla for the last time.

THURSDAY- Transfers ,so we had to go all the way to Milan. There were a lot of missionaries there and I got to see Anziano Sanders (we were in the MTC together). That was cool and I met my new comp Anziano Bevan.  He's really old in the mission ,this is his last transfer as I've mentioned already I'm sure. He's a good missionary, works hard, and he's not trunky ,so thats good.  He's really good in the language which is helping me a lot . Hopefully I'll be able to be fluent sooner then I thought.  By the time we got back from Milan we only had time to do one apartment and then we got pizza and went home. I'm pretty excited for this transfer, the work is just going to explode.

FRIDAY-Friday  was a big waste of time. Just because when we went to the bank in the morning ,the bank machine ate my card and it was a huge mess. Now I have  to get a new card. I took so long to figure out what do ,that we didn't get to do any work it was a bit frustrating. That evening we did casa and we taught Enrico the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is really progressing, he's way different now then when we first starting teaching him. Then that evening we did more casa.

SATURDAY- Saturday was a good day, we did strada so we walked on the busy streets and talked to people and just before we were going to go inside for lunch I saw this watch place. I had the watch Courtney gave me and I needed to change the battery so I felt an impression to go to this place. There was no one inside except for the lady working so I gave her my watch she said it would be £4. Then she started asking about who we were ,so on and so forth . She was really touched that we were so young and doing this. She told us to come back at 4 to get the watch and to talk to her mother(she said her mother would love us). At 4 we came back and talked to her mother, she too was really touched and excepted a Book of Mormon from us it was awesome. She also said to call her whenever we wanted to talk, so we think we are going to call her this week and see if she wants us to teach her.  The person at the watch place also gave me a Canadian dollar coin from 1967 it's awesome, so I tapped it in my journal. She also gave my comp a silver american dollar . That was a cool day just because you never know when you will just shine and people will want to know about you and what you are doing. Then when I went to pay the £4 for my watch and they gave it to me free of charge it was so awesome hahaha .Dang I love missionary work, just for the small things like that and how we can bless peoples lives just a little.

SUNDAY- was a little bit weird haha church was okay and everything and then we did casa and taught a first lesson to this guy that seems solid. We'll go back this week and see him. Then we did casa some more and tracked into this guy's house and he let us in, now we didn't know at the time but this guy is crazy! He brought us into his back room to sit down and he had a friggen doctors table with medicine everywhere and posters and it looked like a real doctor's office. He even had a waiting room, so we asked him if he's a doctor ? He said no he just likes medicine. He's obsessed with medicine, he even has a bunch of folders and stuff it was so weird and creepy, and he was a pervert. He told us that he was obsessed with girls . He had a bunch of posters with women's breast sizes and posters of women that doctors would have in their office and stuff ,it was just weird . Anyway I wanted to get out of there because I knew the guy was crazy but my comp talked to him. We ended up giving him a Book of Mormon...after talking to him for an hour and a half it was a pretty big waste of time but I'll never forget how crazy that guy was, thats for sure hahahha .
Good news about Sunday is that Enrico came to church so he's progressing but the famiglia Serra didn't... that's okay we called her and she said her mom was really sick. That she got stuck looking after her and that she would come next week ,ell see how it goes.

MONDAY and TUESDAY- we did casa and found this awesome new investigator named Mattia, he's like 24 and he's a university student, we got his number and we are going to meet him again this week or next week.

Anyway that was my week, I hope all is well at home.  I love you all ! Have a great week!!!!!!!


I LOVE YOU

LOVE ANZIANO Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment