Saturday, January 8, 2011

The End of the Holidays...Hopefully!


HEY I’m glad you got my package and that you enjoyed everything. Don’t worry I’m sending pictures this week so hopefully you’ll get them soon. You must be wondering why the heck am I e-mailing you on Saturday. On Wednesday we had culture day (I’ll talk about that later), Thursday was a holiday in Italy (the bean day) so everything was closed and Friday the Internet point we go to was closed too. That is why I’m e-mailing you on Saturday.

WEDNESDAY (29th)
After I e-mailed you, we went to Collegno to do more casa but we didn’t end up doing a lot.  We knocked 3 doors and got them all slammed in our faces but on the 4th door the guy opened the door and asked if we were hungry. We said yes, can we eat with you? He got so excited and he ordered his mom to make us pasta. He was 40 years old and of course he still lived at home... so Italian hahaha, so we ate dinner with complete strangers and taught them a lesson. In the end they weren’t interested but they did except a Book of Mormon. Haha it was just so random to get in and eat a meal...only in the beautiful country of Italy hahaha.

THURSDAY
On Thursday (Courtney’s birthday) we just did casa all day, we didn’t get in but we worked hard.

FRIDAY
We had dinner with a member and her non-member husband. Her name is Dina, she’s from China and when she moved to Italy, she heard about the church and got baptized. As a new missionary I have this sheet of things that I need to do and 1 of those things is to teach all the lessons to members so we taught Dina and her non-member husband about the Restoration. It went very well and I’m being about to talk more in Italian. Later that night we did something called a mostra, I don’t know if I explained this or not but pretty much we have posters that we put up in a public area. We go around talking to people, in this case me and Anziano Meszaros go our separate ways so that we can talk to more people (don’t worry we can still see each other). I talked to a bunch of people and was able to place 2 Book of Mormons! I know that I wouldn’t have been able to do that by myself and that the Lord was truly with me hahaha. I don’t even remember what I said to them hahaha. We didn’t do anything special for New Years Eve. We just went to bed hahaha I know we're sooooo cool hahaha:P

SATURDAY
New Years Day in the mission is a cleaning day. So we just stay in all day and clean our apartments and if we finish early we can just relax or do whatever so I cleaned the kitchen, everything in the kitchen including the fridge hahaha. It was a little gross but I didn’t get the bathroom hahaha. Then I swept everywhere and took care of my side of the study area and the bedroom. We finished at 4:30 so I took and nap and then my comp and I just hung out and listened to music and stuff and talked. It was a pretty relaxing day.

SUNDAY
Nothing special happened, I went to church. In Italy there are certain items you can’t get like Dr.Pepper or Rootbeer, but in Switzerland you can. Someone in the ward went to the temple in Switzerland and got us Rootbeer. It tasted sooooooo good; it was awesome!!

MONDAY/TUESDAY
We did casa but didn’t find anyone. We were let in a couple times. Tuesday night we had English class and we played the game pyramid. It was way fun and funny hahahaha.

WEDNESDAY
We had culture day. One day per transfer you can do a culture day, which takes the whole day. So you can go to plays or see churches or museums and stuff like that.  We went to Superga. It’s this giant church, which was pretty cool but I think the shrine of St. Michael was cooler. It was still awesome and I took pictures. Then we had a pizza...sooooo good! And then we went to an Egyptian museum in Torino. People were saying that it was like the 2nd biggest in the world or something. I don’t know if it was true but it was way cool and I liked it a lot. Then we just walked around Centro in Torino, Centro is like where all the shops and lights are and everything. And then we went home and that was the culture day. It was way fun; we did it as a district. I wish we could have done something more though. We could have done all that in a p-day but oh well I always have next transfer hahaha.

THURSDAY
It was bean day so everything was closed. The streets were dead and there was like no one home, but we did casa anyways and sadly we found no one.

FRIDAY
We did weekly planning and did casa. We had a lesson with a member and a non-member friend showed up. Her husband had died a year ago and she wanted to know about the Plan of Salvation, so we taught it. She seemed to like it and the spirit was so strong but in the end she just said that she didn’t know if she could believe it.... oh well she has her own agency.

And that was my week! Sadly we still have not gotten any new investigators, but we have a progressing investigator, Enrico and he’s coming to church tomorrow. We have a bunch of people to call that said to come back after holidays so we have a lot of work ahead of us and hopefully we’ll be able to see miracles soon.

I love you all! Thank you so much for your prayers and your support. I pray for you everyday and I’m so grateful for parents like you. I love you.

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment