Wednesday, January 12, 2011

" It was just really cool to see the Lord's hand in our missionary work."

                        

HEY!!!!!!!

So this has been a pretty good week and as you may have guessed transfers came in yesterday, don't worry I'll get into the good stuff but let me tell you about my week.

SATURDAY- We were doing casa and at the last apartment at the last door, we got let in...finally.  It was really amazing, first off my door approach was the worst, it was one of those times where your mouth just doesn't work, anyways I quickly explained how "oviomente non sono italiano, sono canadese" (obviously I'm not Italian, I'm canadian) and then they were like oh no problem we'll speak English, haha they had both lived in the states and learnt English. So I gave my first lesson in English hahaha it was really cool. They were way interested and they excepted a Book of Mormon, we're going to give them a call this week and meet with them again.

SUNDAY-This Sunday was awesome because Enrico came to church (first investigator to come to church) and we set a baptism date for the 12th of Feb. I'm really excited for him and he is really progressing.  After church we went to brother Bowcuts' house for lunch. He is from the states but he has been living here for 6 years with his Italian wife. He actually served here 12 years ago.  Lunch was nice, is wife is not active(she doesn't come to church anymore) so we went over and just shared a simple little message. Nothing like you have to come back to church or anything just slowly and surely, we'll be going back to their house for sure.  Then Sundaynight something amazing happened. Everything wrong that could have happened did. So when we got back we decided to go to familial Serra(the family we taught on Christmas Eve.) When I closed the door I remembered that I forgot the keys...and the door locks automatically. We had to go to the church because the ward mission leader was there with an extra key(ward mission leader is something in the church that helps us with the missionary work) Anyways it took forever! We wasted sooo much time just having to walk to the church then we had to go with the ward mission leader to his house to get the keys. Then he talked with us and then we finally were able to walk to famiglia Serras house.  We walked into the front where you ring the persons name so they can open the door and saw the family just coming in. We asked them how they were and they said they just came back from a funeral . It was such a blessing that I forgot the keys and that we took forever to do anything because if not we would have missed them . And we would not have been able to set up an appointment to come back on Tuesday night, so it was just really cool to see the Lord's hand in our missionary work.

MONDAY-I had my permesso appointment(for my residence)usually it takes 6 hours because there are a lot of people and I have to get finger printed. But we were out of there in an hour and a half so that was sweet. Then we did casa and had a dinner appointment at a members house the Quaresimas .They are such a good strong family they have 2 sons, 17 and 18 so just like Jason and I.

TUESDAY- We went to get pictures so now I have a cd that I will mail to you this week .So don't worry pictures are coming just calm down hahaha.
Then we did casa till lunch, at lunch we got the call. I'm getting transferred to PISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahha .I'm just kidding, I'm staying in Collegno but I had you there for a second didn't I haha. My companion is getting transferred to Vicenza and he was called as District Leader there. My new companion Anziano Bevin(don't know how to spell it yet) is being called District Leader here. He's been out 15 transfers which means I'm killing him here(killing him means I'm the missionary that is sending him home because he is done is mission, each missionary has 16 transfers). Besides that ,I dont know much about him. I'll tell you more next week when I actually talk to the guy. Then we had casa and English class and then we taught Famiglia Serra. It was amazing we have taught them twice and they have kept a commitment so now they are progressing investigators, so that's awesome. We also set up a regular pattern to meet with them twice a week Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8. I really feel good about the mother and her 11 year old son, I know they will except this gospel.

So over-all this week was good we found 2 new solid investigators, we have 3 progressing investigators, Enrico and famiglia Serra(2) and we have one baptism date Enrico. Now that the holidays are over we are finally starting to see some miracles.

That's it for me I love you so much and I'm so grateful for all of you prayers and support. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment