Tuesday, November 9, 2010

WEEK SIX AT THE MTC !


          Hello my dear family and friends,
For my scripture plaque I'm going to use Alma 26:27 and 29 because that's how I  feel as a missionaries from time to time but I must not turn away I must relay on the tender mercies of the Lord :) I really love that Scripture so much.
Secondly I'm so proud of you dad and expanding from your comfortable zone and watching movies with your friends, you're growing up right before my eyes im so proud :) ha-ha
 So last Tuesday night guess who came and spoke? M. Russell Ballard!! Three apostles in a row. His talk was really awesome it was on becoming a master teacher and communicator, I cannot believe how blessed I am to have heard 3 apostles talk and testify it's truly amazing I took notes and I will send them with Courtney's letter today.
For service guess what I got to do :) my favourite thing, as soon as I got there  just asked if they needed any showers scrubbed and I scrubbed the heck out them :) ha-ha
So I have this pretty funny story to tell you. Friday nights we have gym from 8:10 to 9 so I played b-ball till like 8:55 and then figured I'd play some volleyball. Two mins before gym ends and my first play in volleyball that night, I go up to make a block and come down on my ankle and heard a crack!. So I just limped off the court and to the medical care unit. They gave me ice and a thing to but on my ankle and gave me crutches.  The next day I used them but it was so hard to get around anywhere and it was super annoying.The next day I told myself I didn't need them and it was like a miracle my ankle just stopped hurting. It was pretty cool because I actually thought I fractured my ankle, sure glad that didn't happen :). So right now my ankle is fine and there's nothing to worry about :)
Sunday was fast and testimony meeting and I really wanted to bare my testimony but it was awkward because as a zone leader I sit on the stand so I'm not "in line" so it would have been rude of me to just stand up and cut in front of everyone. So that night I went to talk to my German friend Anziano Schwing and I bore my testimony to him in Italian it wasn't perfect but I was able to say much more then I thought :) I truly feel the gift of tongues in my life :) I've learned more Italian in the 6 weeks that I have been here, then I have French in the past 19 years of my life ,crazy eh :P.

So because it was fast Sunday we had a mission conference. We all went to the gym and listen to the MTC president and his counsellors speak. It was really uplifting and just pumping us to do missionary work :) That night we had a fireside and Sister Sheri Dew ,the old 2nd counsellor in the General Relief Society spook. That was cool and she gave really uplifting words.  I really enjoy being here because I can feel the spirit in all that I do.
TRC yesterday was good we had to pretend to buy stuff and then set up an appointment to teach them the 1st lesson and it was all done in Italian obviously it wasn't perfect but the spirit was there and that's what counts, I love barring testimony :)
Thanks for sending my running shoes I haven't goten them yet but thank you also if you want to send me another pair of Steve maddens you can because mine are getting worn out, what do you think because I will be in Italy in 3 weeks I could just buy shoes there :D hahahaha
I met this sister here and she left for Montreal yesterday she's short and has blond hair, I know that doesn't help much, and I don't know her name but you can look out for her if you want :P
I don't now if you know this but I live on the 1st floor and there are 4 floors for each building. There are 2 sets of zone-leaders on each floor, anyway the 2nd floor makes sooooo much noise and I don't know what the zone leaders are doing. So last Sunday morning when we had our meeting I brought it up and they totally lied saying they didn't hear anything anyway we'll see if things change this week or not hahahaha.
I think that's it ,thanks for your letters. Between your letters and packages and Courtney's and Uncle Mike's ,I feel so blessed and spoiled. Thanks again uncle Mike and aunt Meredith you're the best. And thank the Blakemores for writing me if you can get me their address so I can write them next week that would be good.  Sorry if I didn't answer some of your questions I love you and will talk to you next week :)
Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment