Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WEEK FIVE AT THE MTC !!!

Hey Everyone!!!
 
There are a few questions dad had that I'm going to answer first okay ha-ha
So the sports I play in gym are "knock out" and sometimes volleyball , thats pretty much it. We get gym 5 times a week and each day I get 50 mins. I don't get it on Tuesday because thats p-day and also Sunday :) . The people that go to my gym time are people in my zone so the Italians and also a bunch of people going Spanish speaking.  Its weird how we don't have our whole branch in the same gym time but whatever ha-ha. Also I did join the choir, they practice 2 times a week, on Sundays during dinner so I skipped that one ,and on Tuesday just before the fireside. I'll go to that one because the speaker of the fireside on Tuesdays are usually General authorities and that way I'll always get a good seat because I'm in the choir :) Haha !
This week we started  progressing an investigator in Italian. It actually wasn't too bad we didn't teach the first lesson we just taught to her needs so we asked a bunch of questions to get to know her. Then she seemed interested in the book of Mormon so we explained about it and gave her 3 Nephi 11 to read and pray about. We meet with her tomorrow, her name is Jlenia . She is actually a teacher here that service in the Catania mission which is the Rome mission now. She's our progressing investigator because the older anziani are in Italy now and she doesn't have anything to do till next Wednesday when new Italians come in.
So the TRC was yesterday it was pretty fun we started with having a fake day so we had to talk about food and get to know her . She is really cool she is actually a native from Rome and has been living here for 9 years.  The lesson went fairly well, I truly believe in the gift of tongs. I thought it was be impossible to teach in Italian but we were able to cover every topic of the 1st lesson and answer questions ,share scriptures and also bare Testimony.  I love teaching and I love teaching in Italian . I'm pretty much starting to be able to formulate sentences faster and faster and I'm able to talk more and more. I think what helps with that is SYL(speak your language) in our district. We set time apart that we only speak our language and right now we have  3 days a week where we speak only Italian so that really helps a lot to practice :). Obviously we're not perfect and I mess up but it's so cool that I know Italian way more then I know French. I even think I've lost almost all my French now because when I want to say something in French it just comes out Italian hahaha.
For service this week I got to scrub showers I LOVE this job so much because there are 4 of us .Three with brooms and one with the hose and it's so fun because we just chill and scrub :)
For Halloween I was a pirate with vampire teeth I'll have to send pictures. My roommate anziano Sanders got some stuff from his girlfriend , so we had eye patches and earrings hahaha. It was alot of fun ,we didn't go trick or treating because we had sooooo much candy :) ha-ha
I listened to the recording you sent me. Thanks so much, its good to hear your voices. I miss you all so much but at the same time I don't because I'm really happy here .I hope that makes sense . I'll be taping a recording soon here , but I won't send it till I record some stuff about Italy when I'm there hahaha.
I want to thank some people who wrote me this week Brigitte Kaufman and Jon Kaufman, Nancy & Chris Gagnon, and Alex Morales I don't have time to write everyone back but I'm so grateful for your letters it gives me such hope and strength I love you all.                                                                                                                               If you want to write me so I can respond, you should write dear-elders on the weekend because I don't get dear-elders on weekends. They all come on Monday and I only get dear-elders once a day so if you write me Monday chances are I'll get it Tuesday which means I've had already written my e-mail to all of you. 
I'm loving the MTC it's just an amazing place and I love feeling the spirit all the time :)
I love you soooooooo much!!!!
 
love anziano Glowa
 
P.S I'm getting Phil's dear-elders and I'm writing him today I just didn't have time last week so no worries .I'm loving all the dear-elders :)  THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment