Friday, October 29, 2010

WEEK FOUR AT THE MTC !!!

Hey everyone!!!
Thanks so much for the Rome temple pics. We've been talking about it all this week just because this saturday was the ground breaking. :) It's such a blessing that the Italians will have a temple to call their own.  So I'll give you some details in case you don't know but it's going to be the church headquarters in Europe, there is going to be a hotel so people can stay the night and also there it going to be a visitors centre, which is great because from what i've heard Italians love visitors centers :) hahaha oh also I've known this for a while but it's just taken me a few times to remember when I'm at the computer but guess what... so there are now only 2 missions; Rome and Milan. And guess what Milan extends to... We reached to all of Tuscany now. :D Isn't that awesome! So now I get every city that I want. Haha I think my mission just got a bit cooler. :)
So yeah also I was at a fireside and after the fireside I ran into an elder by the name of Elder Browne. Guess what, he was the kid that got into the mtc a week after me and was in the ward that Jason is now serving in... isn't that awesome??? :)
So last tuesday night we had a devotional and Russell M. Nelson came and spoke to us. :) It was so amazing. I could feel the spirit so strong as soon as he came in.  He talked about missionary work as all the speakers do, so it wasn't really anything different but the spirit was so strong. I can testify that he is a true apostle of the Lord.. haha starting to sound a little brainwashed like Jason I guess haha but it's true he's such a powerful man.
Thursday for MDT (which is study time for comp/languauge study) my comp Anziano Neff and I went around the MTC bearing testimony in Italian to random people. It was so much fun! :) and it seemed like I was in Italy. :) Haha it made me want to go soooo badly!!!!
So for service this week it wasn't too bad. I just had to change garbages and also clean tubs but it was so fun when I went to the third floor to clean the tub. It was full of water and there were toys in it and army men EVERYWHERE!!!! It was so funny!!!! :) Hahahahahaha! So on Saturday, the same day as the temple ground breaking, we had zone conference because the older missionaries left today. It was spiritual and awesome they just gave us advice which was cool.
So this sunday was my first full sunday as zone leader. I'll tell you my responsibilities. So we have to make the schedule for church which includes songs, sacrement and prayers. Also we get to sit on the stand, which is a little weird but whatever haha. Also we have to get the sacrement bread for those preparing it. One of our more difficult jobs is making sure people are in their rooms and quiet at quiet time which is 10:15. So yeah we always get some that try and brush their teeth at 10:14 and I guess they will never understand that it takes more then 30 seconds to brush their teeth... oh well haha. We also have meetings... a lot of them. So we have them at 6:45 in the morning on Sundays, which is tiring but not bad. We have branch council on Sundays at 7:30 and a traning every Tuesday night at 9. We have to interview all the DL's to see how the districts are doing and if we can help and give council for anything. That's about it for my responsibilities.
Let's see what else... OH YEAH!!! THANKS FOR MY PACKAGE!!!!! I got it yesterday and I really appreciate it. I love getting pics; so awesome!!! I'm so grateful for all you give me and that you write me. It makes everything so much easier knowing my family supports me. Can you thank the Blakemores and the Perras for deareldering me. It gives me hope when I get letters from people in our ward. So TRC was yesterday and it was our last time teaching in English. The lesson went well and the spirit was strong. We committed him to baptism for November 19th (random date) and he accepted! :) So that's awesome! I'm not going to lie, I'm a little nervous to be teaching in Italian next week hahaha.
I'm so happy for Chris and I can testify that he is needed in the Philippines and that there are people who need to hear the gospel from him only... Its a call from the Prophet of the Lord and I know that he is going to do great. I'm also going to write him this week but just tell him how proud I am of him and that I love him. 
Also can you send me a jacket because it is getting a little colder here like it's going to snow any day now haha so yeah. I can say that I truly love the MTC. The spirit here is so strong but I can't wait to go to Italy and preach the gospel to those who need the message that families can be together forever. I testify that this is true, that Jesus is the Christ. He died for me as he did for all of you and it is ONLY through the atonement of Jesus Christ that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father, our Brother Jesus Christ and also our families.  It is only through our Saviour that we can obtain eternal life; I testify that this is true and that we can live much happier lives with the gospel. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God who restored this Church and brought back so many truths that had been lost, that Thoms S. Monson is the current Prophet  and he leads and guides his children today. I testify that I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I wear his name on my chest everyday and I've never felt more responsibility in my life; I will do all I can to represent our Savior and to bring our brothers and sisters home... I love this Church as I do all of you and I say this in the name of Jesus Chisrt, Amen.
It's weird how you just feel like bearing your testimony sometimes. It just feels great and thats what i'm most excited to do in Italy. I love you all and am so grateful for your support. Talk to you next week. I love you all
 
See you in 2 years
Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment