Sunday, October 10, 2010

Benjamin's first letter from the MTC

Hello my family so as to quote Jason I only have 3 mins to write hahaha joking joking !!!!
I just started to I have 30 mins any ways so let me start off when I said good bye to you at the MTC. So they bring us into this gym and it feels like the holocaust because they move us from line to line filling in info and stuff until we get our name tag and my name tag read Anziano Glowa pretty awesome eh!
so yeah and then we went to our class room to meet the other people in my district oh and guess who my language teacher is it's elder Merrell's cousin the one I was supposed to call but never did so I guess everything just works out great :).
Lets see what to tell you about  my comp, his name is Anziano Neff and he looks like the kid from James and the Giant Peach which is pretty awesome he's a cool kid and we're learning a lot of the gospel.  In our district we have 10 people including me there are 3 sisters and 7 elders and guess who the District Leader is? that's right you got it it's your very own son Anziano Glowa :) At the beginning I was feeling a little home sick which was weird because I've never felt such an emotion but the letters from you and Courtney really help. I truly love you all.  I want to thank Nancy for writing to me it was nice to get something from someone in our ward. I also want to thank you for everything you've sent me, the chips, donuts, jerky, etc.. oh and the PIE!!! that was awesome I shared with with my district it was sooo good thanks for truly thinking about me :)
On Wednesday I learned how to pray and that's awesome because I got to practice the language, then the next day Thursday we learned how to bare testimony so now I can pray and bare testimony in a broke a Italian hahaha.  As a district we also memorized our missionary purpose found in peach my gospel page 1 all in Italian so that was awesome!  I love being district leader because I can be a leader and an example to my district.
How amazing was conference? I especially loved the priesthood session , I was not in the choir because they already had the choir but there were people in my zone that sang so that was awesome, oh and I have some excited news I heard  my mission president in Italy allows 2 hours of e-mail time and I can e-mail anyone I like, I guess because postage is expensive and it takes a long time ,so thats awesome, although it could also be a rumour but I hope it's not. My favourite talk at conference was on gratitude by President Monson it was so awesome I love that man he's a great prophet.
Another cool experience I want to leave with you is something that happened last night . Let me start by saying that for the companionships there is Neff and myself also there is Anderson and Sanders and then there is a threesome which is Hopper, Schwin and Mcaffee, so with the threeo Hopper is the senior comp and he's a bit different then everyone which isn't the worst and he just feels overwhelmed with the language because he can't get it as fast and he feels that no one respects him in his companionship. As a district leader I met with the senior comps so I was meeting with him and he broke down and told me all his heart aches and I felt the impression to give him a priesthood blessing so I gave one to him and I think he truly felt the love of the Lord and understand that we all just got here and that there is nothing to be worried about so I guess I did my job as district leader and helped out one of my fellow district members. One more thing , we had our TRC which is like a training session where we teach fake investigators and we had to do the greetings in Italian to get to know them which was fun and hard.  It was a real eye opener to how much I don't know the language but it was so awesome.  Then we taught the first lesson in English it went really well my comp and I split the lesson up and when he didn't know what to say I would jump in and when we answered the questions the investigators had I was the one who answered them because my comp is a little bit less experienced.  But yeah we're going to work on it more together.  The TRC training that i talked about is something that we do every Monday so it's something that we practice and work for and later on the investigators will take the role of someone they knew on their own mission and if we don't do a good job on teaching them they could actually drop us ha-ha.   It is a good motivation for us to work hard.  Anyway that's it i love you all so much and i hope this is the type of e-mail that you're all looking for ha-ha is it like Jason's e-mails? Ask me anything and I'll do my best to answer your questions i love you all so much.
 
Love Anziano Glowa
 
Other cool info- there are about 30 elders going to Italy 9 of them going in 2 weeks and 21 of us in 7 weeks and it's split pretty even. the mission has split to 2 parts Milan and Rome and Milan now gets everything that we hoped for it includes Tuscany just and everything down to Rome which is awesome.
I sleep on the bottom bunk and I love the MTC it's a powerful place and I've learned to humble myself and to pray always I love you all write to you next week :)
 
LOVE YOU MOM LOVE YOU DAD!!!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU"RE THE BEST PARENTS EVER and dad don't apologize you're the best dad ever and I'm grateful for the example and the things you've done to help me be closer to my Father in Heaven I love you both. :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment