Sunday, April 17, 2011

A new trainee and five miracles this week in Collegno.

HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

So this week was for sure a change.... a change for the better. I've grown so much in this last week. With having to be senior comp and to lead the lessons and to just be a trainer, haha. It's amazing how the Lord knows what you need when you need it because I for sure needed to train so that I could grow, its awesome!  This week a lot happened, we may say that it was a week of miracles.I'll give more details later in the letter.

WEDNESDAY- Didn't do much because Anziano Zippro was packing to go home. We are good friends, I'm sure we will be hanging out after the mission. So that night we went to FHE at church so that he could say good bye to everyone there. 

THURSDAY-  The big day.... this is the day where everything changed, haha. My stomach was turning the whole 2 hour train ride to Milano. I was nervous but also excited because I knew I would be growing this next transfer. When we got to the Milano station everyone that was training was there and we all travelled to the Milan church together to meet our greenies. There were 3 other people in my group from the MTC that were training, 2 elders and a sister in my group. So I wasn't so nervous anymore haha. President is making a lot of younger people train because after this next group for people leave there is a huge gap of missionaries so he'll need young missionaries to step it up I guess you could say.  Any ways when we got there we had a special meeting for the trainers where we talked about the kind of people we need to be for our greenies. The example we need to set and to help them start their missions off well.  Afterwards we went into another room where the greenies were already there, they were on the right and the trainers sat on the left.  A few inspiring words were given by the assistances and President and also Sister Wolfgramm.  Afterwards they made all the trainers stand up and go to the back of the room. They started calling up greenies and describing where they were going or who their comp would be. When you found out if they were talking about you or not you would run to meet your companion and hug. It was pretty intense haha of course I was last hahaha, I just knew I was going to be last. It was me and this guy from my group that were last so we both went up and they called for both the greenies to come up also.  It was there when they told Anziano Taggart that he was going to serve in Collegno!!!!!! So my companion is Anziano Taggart, from where do you ask???.... I'll give you a hint he's from the Factory.... you got it Farmington Utah! hahahahahaha all of my comps have been from Utah. I think I have a goal to have only Utah comps hahaha anyways I love Anziano Taggart. We get a long great and we work hard which is good. He's like 6 foot 3, blond hair looks like Mike Ohran hahaha. He's a really good guy.  He's not the most confident person and his language is getting better, but I know the Lord has put us together because he knows that together we will make miracles and we already have :)  After we met we ate lunch and then headed home.  We had English class nothing new or exciting it was fun as always. We had to go to Torino to sleep at the Anziani apartment there because they were painting ours. Anyways on the bus ride there I was talking to people (you know doing what a missionaries supposed to do:P) hahahaha Anyways I was talking to this kid Stefano. He's 16 and he's way interested.  It's always weird talking to young people about God because you think sometimes..."well are they really taking this seriously or are they just joking around" anyways so this kid was awesome and we got an appointment with him for Monday. That was miracle number 1 a possible new investigator.  Anyways we went to the apartment and crashed because we were so tired. I didn't sleep at all. The missionaries only had 1 extra mattress and I let my greenie have it and I slept on the hard cold ground because in Italy they don't believe in carpet hahaha Anyways let's just say it was a long night haha but you can learn something from anything :)

FRIDAY- We made our vision for the transfer. We prayed to know what the Lord wanted. When we prayed I felt very strongly that God wants 5 baptisms in Collegno this transfer. I kind felt like Nephi again when the Lord asked him to build a ship he didn't say why, he said where do I go to find the things to make tools. So when I felt that, all I thought was "alright Lord where do we go to find these people that you have prepared". Anyways with a vision we have specific goals that help us achieve the main vision in this case, it's 5 baptisms.  We have 3 other factors that we know that if we do these things we will find the people God has prepared for us. We are going to be 100% obedient and we are going to focus on being punctual like getting out on time coming back in time and stuff like that. We are going to talking at least 20 people this is calling venti (invite), so for example it's 20 other people like if we are doing street at that point the people we talk to don't count as part of the 20. It only counts if its not part of the finding work you are doing then, for example if we are going to a lesson on bus and we talk to someone that counts or if we are doing casa and we told to someone from going to one apartment building to another that counts. As one we know that as we put our faith in this God will put people in our path that are looking for this message, like Stefano the boy I talked to the night before. Our other goal has to do with the book of Mormon, as a mission we have a basic standards and one of us is to give 1 book of Mormon away each day our goal is to give at least 2 out each day. If we do these 3 things the Lord will bless us and we will find people to baptize.  Right now we have Samantha which is getting baptized the 30th. Titus, unfortunately we dropped because we haven't heard from him in longer then a week and we need to focus all our time on finding people that are ready.  When we made this goal all we had in mind was Samantha so that means we need 4 other people, and so like I said before we have it in our head not why 4 other people but where will we go to find these 4 people.  That night we taught Samantha about the word of wisdom and she accepted, it's amazing her willingness to follow the things that are true. It's AWESOME!

SATURDAY- We did casa alllllllllllday (which I havn't done for a while) anyways long story short we didn't get in, but we did talk to this one guy Eddi and he told us to come back on Monday so we may not have goten in but we felt really good about this Eddi guy he just seemed humble.

SUNDAY-Church and then casa again all day, we didn't get in but we got a call for the sisters in Torino they had a referral, this lady names Elena she's about 30 and she is really interested about the gospel so we said we would give her a call.

MONDAY- We went to Eddi's house and he was actually there and invited us in. We taught the restoration and gave him a book of Mormon he wants us to come back, it was awesome! He is from Peru but has been here 9 years so he speaks and understands Italian. We didn't have a Spanish book of Mormon with us so we said we will leave him with the Italian one and then give him the Spanish one when we come back. He is really solid and I'm really excited for Eddi.  We also taught Stefano, that kid I met on the bus. We met him at a bus stop and walked to his house when we got there I asked him if his mom was home and he said no, we couldn't go into his house because he's a minor so we sat outside and talked. He hasn't told his mom about us which is not good because parents need to be okay with their child taking the lessons so we told him that. Anyways we shared with him the book of Mormon and where it came from and all that. We told him to read some of it before we come back. We also taught him to pray and told him to pray about it.  We told him that he had to tell his mom before we came back or we wouldn't be able to.  15 mins after we went home we got a call from Stefano telling us that he's sorry he lied but he's really 18 years old....I don't believe him. He said that he read and he feels the truth of the book of Mormon so he felt safe to tell us his true age.  My guess is that he doesn't want to tell his mom because its a little weird 2 americans teaching his little 16 year old boy. So he doesn't want his mom to freak out and then him not be able to talk with us and get the lessons. So we are working with that, we have an appointment with him Friday. I think I will ask to see his ID to see how old he really is and explain how we want to go and see is mom so she can see that we are harmless and we just talk of Christ and that she is welcome to listen also. I will give you more details on that.  Anyways then I called the referral we got from the sisters and Elena is really cool, we have an appointment with her on Thursday and she just bluntly said I'm interested to learn more.

TUESDAY- We did casa and we got in for the first time together!!!!!! It didn't go anywhere which was too bad but that's okay we are improving :) haha we got the idea to call this ex-investigator, names Paola, anyways I called her and she sounded so excited to be talking to missionaries she said she was free on Friday so we have an appointment with her on Friday.

WEDNESDAY- We went to Torino to hang out with the other missionaries, we went to a market but we went kinda late so a lot of it was closed, but I made a good buy, mom you would be so proud of me. They there selling these cool belts for 6£ and I got 2 of then for 5£ hahaha thats how good I am haha. I got the guy to give me one for 3 then I got him down to half. Then he said do you want another one and I said yeah that one and I pointed to another one and then said that I only had 5 £ haha which wasn't the most truthful thing I've ever said. But then he just gave me both of them for 5 £ so I got these really cool belts that go good with my suits :) Anyways we just chilled and hung out we didn't email because the myldsmail was down.  So we had FHE and it was fun fun fun :)

THURSDAY- Today we taught Elena and she is way awesome. I had made a whole plan on teaching the restoration and had all these questions I was going to ask and scriptures to use and all this and then when she started talking she said her dad died in December...So I did what I think any good missionary would do and I throw out the lesson I prepared and taught the plan of salvation. I'm glad I did. Maybe it wasn't as good because it wasn't as prepared and maybe it was a little all over the place, but its what she needed and I know she felt the spirit and that she was grateful for this plan that God has prepared for us. Then I explained how next time we want to explain how we got this plan and how we got this church so I led it into the restoration for next lesson. We still gave her a book of Mormon because she asked about it so we gave her one and talking about it and she seemed really interested. It was a really good lesson, and a good experience to teach people not lessons and to follow the spirit. I know its what she needed. I should be writing you right now haha because we were going to teach EDDI today but we got him just before he was heading out because he had to go to the train station to get a cousin so we had time to change book of Mormons and to give him a chapter to read so we had time to write our families so thats why I'm writing today :)

So to summarize this week. It was a week of miracles, we had a vision to baptize 5 people when we only had Samantha, but now we have 1)Samantha 2)Stefano 3)Eddi 4)Elena and 5) Rosa that ex-investigator that we will teach tomorrow

We didn't get in a lot doing casa but we have been blessed with new investigators because of the efforts we are putting in to do all we can to proclaim the gospel. I know this church is true and although Anziano Taggart and I are young we are being blessing because we are working hard. Maybe we don't speak the language the best but we have been called by a Prophet of God to proclaim and to teach the things that we know and WE KNOW that our message is true! Get ready to hear about Collegno in the news and about the people being lined up for baptism because its HAPPENING! hahaha
 I love you all so much and I'm so grateful for you love and support. I'm super grateful for the Lord because I know without Him I am nothing but with Him I am everything. I can do all things. So I will not boast of myself but I will boast of my God because it is only with Him that we can do this work. This church IS true, the book of Mormon IS the word of God and WE DO have a prophet on the earth today that leads and guides us. I love this work so much you have no idea. I want to proclaim the gospel forever because that is where I find true happiness helping other come unto Christ. I love you my family!!!!!

Love your son Anziano Glowa

Love you!

P.s. Happy 22nd anniversary its because of you that the people of Italy get to hear the gospel through my mouth. So thank you for being my parents and helping me be here. I know what I need to be doing, thank you for your great example in showing me how to get true happiness. It's because of you that I am on a mission because of your great examples and the love I felt at home and the atmosphere in which Jason and I lived in. I love you so much!!!!! congratulations and keep up the great work you guys :)
 
sorry for the long email haha love you bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment