Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Week in The Life...

Ciao Mia Famiglia :)

So this was a pretty good week. Something really crazy happened but I‘ll get to that later... so this week:

THURSDAY- The second half of Thursday, because I told you the first half last week, was we taught Samantha the Law of Chastity. It was my first time teaching it in English and in Italian haha but it went well. I kept it professional and it wasn’t awkward. In the end she accepted to keep it so all is well! I'm really excited for Samantha because she’s already accepted to keep 2 of the harder commandments; to keep the word of wisdom and the law of chastity, we will just see about tithing but I'm sure there wont be anything wrong with that either. That’s all we did that evening. We had English class and it was fun. Stefano also texted me and it was a little odd and then he called and he asked if it was only going to be me going to teach him. I explained no my comp is going to come and then I asked why do you want only me to come then he told me he needed to tell me something personal. It’s a little weird of a situation, anyways were teaching him the next day, and I asked Vanessa to come because the situation is getting weird.

FRIDAY- We had district meeting and it was really good. We talked about not losing faith in our visions and you have to have faith all the way to the end even if it doesn't seem possible to always have faith because the Lord can do all things. We also talked about love and how we need to love the people we teach and to love the work or else we wont have success. So faith and love; it was a good district meeting. Then we went to get Vanessa at school to walk to the bus stop to meet Stefano. He called 10 minutes before and cancelled so we just went to Vanessa's house and taught her. I don't know if I explained the whole Stefano's age thing. We don't know if he's 16 or 18 he said he was 16 and then like a week later her told us that he thinks the Book of Mormon is true and he feels safe to tell us he's really 18... a little odd but anyways we will get to the bottom of this! Friday night there was a GANS activity, Giovani Adulti Non Sposati...(YSA) we went because Samantha and Vanessa were going, and well actually we went to encourage them to go to meet other YSA people to make more friends. We went and it was the 4 of us and then Bebo, short for Benjamin, came who is in our ward and it was the 5 of us so we played indoor soccer and Bebo got to know Sam and Vanessa better so I guess it worked out. Anyway we are going back next week and hopefully there will be more YSA people.

SATURDAY- We did our weekly planning because Friday was district meeting. it was a good planning session we actually had more than 2 people to plan for so it was fun! We planned on giving Eddie (someone we found) a baptismal invite for the 7th of may this week.  Then we went to brother Bowcuts house, his wife is less active, anyway we had to take a train to Pinerolo for that which takes like an hour but we taught them about making choices and used the talk by President Monson in the 2003 general conference entitled choose ye this day. It’s a really good talk you should read it. :) Hopefully she makes the decision to come back to church. Then we had a ward party and it was a pizza party! It was awesome, every family in the ward made a pizza and then there was a pizza tasting contest to see who made the best pizza. Over 20 Italian pizzas in one room, could a missionary ask for anymore...I think not! Haha it was soooooooo good! It was a good night to eat and chat and play games. It kind of reminded me of the things that our ward does, like the BBQ for example, anyway it was awesome and the pizzas were sooooo good! :) Also Saturday night I got a call from brother Quaresima from our ward, he said someone couldn’t give a talk and he wanted me to give a 10 min filler talk on whatever I wanted to talk about haha. I accepted obviously but in my head I'm thinking, the first person you call is someone who isn’t even fluent and is a missionary who has to do a million other things? Haha anyways I just got up a bit earlier the next morning and prepared it. I did it on testimonies, a little different than how I did it back home before I left. I just did a what, how and a why to testimonies. It went really well and I spoke with authority haha everyone loved it. It was the first time that I bore such strong testimony that I almost cried haha I cant explain it, when you bear your testimony in another language, you feel the spirit but you are focusing so much on the language that its not really from the heart if that makes sense. Anyway this one was like as if I was talking in English so it was really cool to see how I'm growing in the language. I was grateful to do this talk and to show myself how much I really know. I must know a little if I could prepare a talk by myself with such little notice haha I really love speaking in Italian hahaha.

SUNDAY- I just gave my talk as wrote about and it went really well. A bunch of people came up and thanked me and it was awesome! :)  Then we did casa the rest of the day and didn’t get in.

MONDAY- We had interviews with President. We went to Alessandria and were there pretty much all day. My interview went well, we talked about how he appreciates me and all that I do and how he’s proud of me with my new companion. And then he asked me to do a teach 2 find on him, that little teach a principle, ask a question, bear testimony thing, so I did and he really liked it and he then asked about if I was worthy and then it was done. No longer then 10 minutes haha it was good though. I love President and I know he’s an inspired man of God. Then we got back and it was time to go to bed hahaha. It’s weird how on the days you don’t do anything you are the most tired haha. Also at interviews while people are being interviewed there is like a training going on, so we got trained on how to do teach 2 find better and it was awesome. And then we played a type of jeopardy which was way fun!

TUESDAY- We didn’t really do much. We did a lot of casa but didn’t get in. We will continue to do our best! We did teach Sam and she is learning so fast. We talked to her about both her parents being okay with the baptism. Her mom is okay with it but her dad wants her to wait until she is 18. Anyway, she talked to her dad and she said that both her parents want to come to our next lesson to see if this is a cult thing. I guess so it’s a good opportunity to get them into the church. I’ll try my hardest and for sure bring in the spirit. Hopefully all will go well, please pray for the situation. Thank you.

TODAY- We are in Torino with other missionaries and we are going to play Frisbee and soccer. I'm pretty excited!

I love so you all so much and thank you for your prayers and support. You are everything to me! I pray for you all the time. The church is true and we do have a prophet today. I love you all soo much.


Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment