Sunday, April 17, 2011

I'm a little nervous to be training next transfer......




Hello everyone!!!!

so I'll start off with what everyone wants to know, am I leaving or am I staying, who's my companion, or am I training? What's happening I don't know?? haha just joking I'll tell you. As you know Anziano Zippro is going home, so it wouldn't make sense for me to get transferred. But I know who my next comp is going to be, well I do and I don't. I'm getting a greenie, haha. President asked me to train, I'll go into more detail on the day I got the call which was Monday but yeah I'm training this transfer in Collegno :)

so this week...

WEDNESDAY- I told you we went to Torino with a member family to buy shoes. Well I didn't end up buying shoes, there wasn't anything I liked and it was all way expensive so I didn't get anything. We were walking down town and there was this chocolate display thing going on. It was kinda like a fair it was really cool they were giving free chocolate and everything and it was fun to walk around and eat :) We didn't really do anything besides Torino but it was fun and it was fun to go with someone that knew where they were going.

THURSDAY- Today we taught Titus, it went well. He still hasn't found another place to live but he has a strong testimony. I know once he gets over this he will get baptized but we just need to get him over this trial.  We had English class, it was fun as always, we just talked in English and helped the people with there grammar, Anziano Zippro made brownies so we ate brownies and just taught English. nothing else really happened.

FRIDAY- We didn't really do anything we did out weekly planning but besides that we didn't do a lot . We did casa obviously but nothing exciting, haha sorry this week isn't becoming the most fun but it gets better I promise.

SATURDAY-  So today we were supposed to go to the church in Torino to watch General Conference at 6 so we would get the Saturday morning session live. But the system wasn't working, at least for the English so we just went home so we didn't get to watch  Saturday Conference. On the way home Anziano Zippro wanted to get shoes before he goes home so we stopped in a store to look at shoes. I saw a cool pair that I liked and they were only £30 so I got them they are black and they kinda look like slippers. Anyways it was too bad that we didn't get to watch conference I was bummed because I was looking so forward to it

SUNDAY-  Sunday morning Anziano Zippro's family picked us up and wanted to show us where his grandfather was buried. I got to go to an Italian cemetery which was pretty cool. It's weird how they do things. After they bury someone,that person spends like 10 years in one spot of ground and then gets moved to another spot for like 20 years. Then they get moved again and you have to pay yearly to have those people there so its like a never ending money drainer. Not that family isn't important it's just a lot of money that they have to spend. 
Anyways after that they drove us to the church so that we could watch conference at 11, we started with the priesthood session. Let me see my favourite talk at priesthood was the one given by President Uchtdorf. He is such an amazing speaker.  That was from 11 to 1 then at 2 we watched Saturday afternoon session that was a really good session. The talks I liked  were the ones by Dallin H Oaks on desire and also M Russell Ballard's talk about the small and simple things.  That was from 2 to 4 and then from 4 to 6 we had break we did a little exchange with the zone leaders and did casa in a near by area. I was with Anziano Kober he's a cool guy from Austria. He goes home next transfer but he is way awesome, such a good missionary.  From 6 to 8 we had the Sunday morning session which I loved! the talks I liked the most were by Paul V Johnson on trials and how we get the blessing after the trial of our faith I think that was my favourite talk, truly amazing.  But obviously I loved it when the Prophet spoke and he mention the Rome temple haha but when he also mention marriage ;) hahahaha but yeah conference was truly amazing.
 I also LOVED Elder Bednars talk on revelation I loved it because I feel that's how I got my testimony let me explain. He talked about line upon line precept upon precept I don't think there was one event that made me say okay now I believe. I really think it was all the little things that helped me always know, and that helped me know that these things are true. When I would pray about the Book of Mormon I wouldn't get a burning feeling, I just knew it was true because of that line upon line, because in my heart I already knew it was true. I really loved his talk alot. Conference is sooooooo awesome I wrote a bunch of questions and got answers to them all by listening to conference it was awesome :)

MONDAY- So at lunch time Anziano Zippro's toe was really hurting him because he had an ingrown toenail. So he called sister Wolfgramm to ask what to do. She didn't answer, but 2 mins later the phone rings, he picks it up thinking its going to be sister Wolfgramm but it wasn't...it was President Wolfgramm asking to speak to me.  As soon as I knew he wanted to speak to me I knew something was up... I tried  to act casual haha 
Me: " Hey President how's it going" 
President: " Oh good good just calling to see how everything is going" 
Except we both know that's not why he's calling at all hahaha. Anyways we talked a bit about the transfer that just happened and he told me how he really appreciates my efforts and how he knows I'm a great example and missionary and all that and then 
he says 
" I know who your next companion is going to be...." 
then I'm like " oh yeah? who is it" 
and then he says " well i dont really know who yet, but youre getting a new new missionary... I want you to train" 
now in my head I'm thinking "dang I don't even know the language yet hahaa" but obviously I accepted. 
 I'm  little nervous because I really dont think I know the language haha maybe I'll get an Italian and he'll really help me a lot who knows. I'm really excited and nervous for the unknown. In memory of dad "I'm like 80%nervous and like 20% excited or maybe I'm 20% nervous and 80% excited who knows" haha .I know that President is inspired of God and if he wants me to train I will do so. I feel like Nephi when he was asked to build a ship, he didnt say he didn't know how to do it he just said Lord tell me where to go so that I can find tools to build this ship. Nephi has such amazing faith. I'm going to have the same attitude about it, yes I'm scared haha everyone is, but the attitude I need to have it " Lord where do you want me to go to find people to teach and baptize" and with faith all things are possible just like it says in Moroni 7:33. I believe it says that Jesus said if you have faith in me you will have power to do whatever I see "opportuna" (that's the Italian word and I can't think of a translation right now haha) I guess it's like whatever I see fit, yeah that works out.  So I will do my best, I know that we will both be humble because we are both new and that the Lord will bless us on our willingness to do His will :) I'm so excited so I don't know who it is yet. I will go get him tomorrow  and then we will come back to collegno.  How it works is that everyone training will go to the Milano 2 building where all the greenies are and then they will tell us who our greenie is and thats that. So I'll tell you more about it next week obviously, and then the miracles will be flowing in. Today we also taught Samantha and she is progressing very well.  Shes getting baptized for sure :)

TUESDAY- Didn't really do that much. We taught Titus and then we went to the church and taught Vanessa we didn't really do anything else. Anziano Zippro started packing because he's going home and then I just thought about training more and more haha The more I think about it the more I just want it to happen so I can stop thinking about it. If that makes any sense haha but I'm wayyyyyy excited its like the talk given by Paul V Johnson we see the blessings after the trial of our faith. This will be a trial because I'm sure I won't even know half of what I'm doing but the Lord has power to do all things. If He has power to rise someone from the dead why wouldn't He have power to help me with Italian or help me train? I love this gospel its so true and I love sharing it with people and blessing their lives with it.  I love being a missionary and serving our Father, its the least I can do for all the blessings that I have and will have. I know that I'm getting blessings for serving Him. I pray for you always and I love you allllllll sooo much! have a great week and I'll talk to you next week :)

I LOVE YOU MY FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

Love Anziano Glowa

P.S thanks for the encouragement mom I really appreciate it. I guess I'm just nervous for the unknown which is normal. I'll do my best to make you all proud, haha. I just think it would have been more wise for me to be in Italy a little longer before I train, haha I'm still a baby in the mission haha anyways trust in the Lord, thanks Sariah :) haha (Nephi's mom) hahaha love you bye! :)

thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you my family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment