Wednesday, March 30, 2011

I’m so excited to listen to conference and to hear the words of the Prophet and Apostles!

Ciao Tutti,
 
So I’ll answer the conference question first. We get conference this Saturday like you guys, the first session is at 6:00pm; that’s the Saturday morning one, then the next day on Sunday at 11:00am we get priesthood session and then at 2:00pm we get the Saturday afternoon and then at 6pm we get Sunday morning session. We don’t get to watch the Sunday afternoon session, and I don’t know if we get to watch it next weekend either. It would make sense to me but I’m not sure. So we watch the Saturday and the Sunday sessions live. So mom you can still watch those sessions and know that I am watching it at the same time. We listen to it in English. There is another room just like how we do it in Quebec. I was thinking about listening to it in Italian but this is important to understand and I don’t want to miss a single thing so ill watch it in English. I’m so excited to listen to conference and to hear the words of the Prophet and Apostles! It’s weird how much more excited I am to hear from them. Can you believe we are actually going to be able to hear from the Prophet.... THE PROPHET.... do you understand how big this is? Haha they should put it on CTV or something hahaha no I’m just joking but for real it has just become really real for me about how we actually have a Moses of our day.
 
So this week, because last week Thursday was my pday, I’ll just start on Friday.
 
FRIDAY- We did our weekly planning and just planned what we would teach our investigators and think of ways we can help them. We didn’t really do a lot on Friday, we were supposed to have a dinner appointment with a member and his less active wife but she called and said his son was sick so we just did casa instead and guess what... we didn’t get in haha but that’s okay we will get in one of these days.
 
SATURDAY- We taught Titus and told him that if you put the Lord first and move out, like live with another friend or something, then he will be blessed with a job. He can’t get baptized while living with Helen (his girlfriend) so we had that lesson with him. I know it’s hard and we explained that it isn’t going to be easy but when God gives us a huge trial, the prize at the end is twice as bi, and that he will be blessed more then he can think. Later that night we went to Vanessa’s house to teach Samantha. Vanessa’s mom cooked for us and the food was really good. We ate this pasta stuff which was to die for and then we had this chicken pot pie thing which was sooooo good. Anyway, when we finished eating we watched the restoration video with them and then talked about it afterwards. Samantha has been taught the restoration but we wanted to watch the video with her to help her understand better. At the end we were asking questions like what did you understand? How did you feel? And stuff like that, she said this "I understand that Joseph Smith was confused and so he prayed and then God and Jesus appeared to him and told him that he was to join none of the churches but to restore the Church of Christ on the earth again." Anziano Zippro and I both look at each other (in amazement) and told her she was exactly right and then Anziano Zippro asked her and do you believe that? Then Samantha said "I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t believe in it." It was so cool to watch her bear testimony and to know that those things are true.  I’m really excited for her and I know she’ll get baptized! :) It was just a really cool lesson and we learned that she was really serious about knowing and comprehending these things.
 
SUNDAY- so today the time changed and I lost an hour of sleep! Hahaha like a missionary needs less sleep haha well that’s another story haha joking. So yeah we went to church and Titus and Sam both came to church even though the time changed so that was cool. They both really liked it. After sacrament meeting we taught them the Book of Mormon, they both know what it is but we thought it would be a good idea to talk about how we got it and why its important. So that’s what we did. My comp taught and I translated for Titus because I wanted to make sure he got everything! The lesson was really awesome and they both understood the reason for the Book of Mormon. Afterwards we were invited over to eat with the Quaresima family. I think I've talked about them before. They are a really cool family and they remind me of our family they have 2 sons like a year apart from each other. So with them we ate spaghetti and then this deep fried chicken stuff it was soooooo good! I promise I’m going to learn the name of these meals so you can know hahaha but for now I’ll just tell you how good everything tastes. :) That night we went to a less active family and they also fed us. I was soooooo stuffed! But it was really good, this lesson was really intense.  We were teaching about how they need the gospel to be more happy and the father said that he knew that but that he wasn’t coming back to church and he told us not to try to get him back and his family isn’t baptized, he’s the only one but he told us not to try because they don’t want to. And then he said if you want to come over and teach us that’s fine we like having you over but we won’t come back to church and my family wont get baptized. We were put back because he just came as a shock like it happened really fast so we asked why, and then he said because there is no Church of Christ on the earth, so we doesn’t believe there is a Church of Christ on the earth. Anyway, we tried to bring the spirit back and bore testimony but he didn’t want to hear any of it so we ended with a prayer. I don’t think we will go back but we will pray for them that there hearts will be softened. They are really nice people and I don’t know what happened to make that man think that this isn’t Christ’s church. We must remember that the church is perfect and the members aren’t, I hope he comes back one day.
 
MONDAY- We had district meeting and we talked about consecrating our missions and leaving everything behind except what the Lord wants so that was cool. Then we did scambio and Anziano Osborn came to Collegno. I know him because he was in the group under me from the MTC so it was a lot of fun to serve with him. We were going to teach Titus but he wasn’t home so we did casa instead. I love changing it up on scambio because you learn so much from one another and how other people do things. We then had a lesson with Samantha, and we taught her about baptism and about how it’s important. It was a really good lesson. I taught her about Christ and his life and how he was baptized and then we read in 2 Nephi about why Christ was baptized. Afterwards I bore testimony on how Christ is the example and we need to follow him and then we invited her to be baptized. It made sense that maybe she was scared so instead of just asking, I asked her what her fears were. I asked her if she believed Joseph was a prophet and that he saw God and Christ and she agreed. Then I asked her again and explained how she isn’t ready for baptism because if she was we would baptize her tomorrow but that we need to set a date or set a goal or she would never be ready. I explained how we would help her and if she wasn’t ready in the end we wouldn’t push her into the water. After a moment of thought I asked her if she would prepare herself to be baptized on the 16th of April and she agreed. And she said that we (the missionaries) and Vanessa will have to help her.  I continued to bear testimony about the blessings she will receive and how strong her testimony is and that, as missionaries, our purpose is to help her. She seemed really excited. I know I was guided in what to say to help her understand why she needed to be baptized and that it’s what she needs to do.  That night we went and ate Kebab with Andrea (a member) and then we had a power lesson. That’s when we teach a little principle to bring the spirit and then ask him to pray and ask where we should do casa so he told us we should go to Corso Susa in Rivoli. So that’s where we will go! :)
 
TUESDAY- We re-scambied and then we taught Enrico our new convert about the plan of salvation because that’s what we were teaching Sam as well. It went really well. And then we taught it to Sam and she understood everything. It’s amazing how fast she learns things. She also said she has started reading the Book of Mormon daily and she’s on 1 Nephi 2. So she is for sure going to get baptized. Keep her in your prayers and I know her baptism will go through. :) We didn’t do much else that day.
 
WEDNESDAY- Today is pday and a member family, the Catolanos, are bringing us around Torino to see some sites and show us around and to bring us to the good shops. So that’s cool and I’ll tell you how that goes. I may be tempted to buy some shoes. don’t worry, I’ll buy church shoes so I’ll actually wear them but I wanted to get some penny loafers haha. I’m not sure brown or black yet anyway we will see and I won’t spend a lot of money... trust me! ;) Hahaha…
 
I LOVE YOU ALLL SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I’m so grateful for the love you show me and that you support me. I love you so much and I’m so grateful that we will be a family forever and eternity! :)
 
Love Anziano Glowa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment