Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Father's Day...In Italia!


HEY!!

I’ll start off with the week!

WEDNESDAY- We had pday. I wrote you guys and then we went to the church to play foose ball, because every church in Italy has a foose ball table. Hahaha it’s pretty funny but what’s awesome too is that I’m getting really good. We taught Vanessa, our new convert. We were supposed to teach Sam but she couldn’t make it so we gave our lesson that was supposed to be for Sam to Vanessa as practice. Then we had family night and we ate. It was good and we also continued to play foose ball, hahaha good pday!

THURSDAY- We had district meeting. We haven’t had it in a while just because of the confusion of companionships changing and then we had Anziano Dean for a week. We talked about teach 2 find and why we use it. I understand the point of it and I really like the whole teaching at the door but we just simply don’t get in as often. Which is understandable but I like it... When I get home I'll be a lean mean teaching machine....in Italian hahaha! I wonder how I’ll do in English when I get home. Hahaha it’s pretty funny that even though I’ll be talking in English and I’ll completely forget a word in English or just something will come easier in Italian or the thing that I want to say can only be said in Italian because it doesn’t translate to English. Haha anyways I like it, it means I’m really getting the language even if I still have a lot to learn. We taught Samantha the first part of the restoration but we ran out of time. We focused on like prophets and why they were called, how they were called and authority. It’s really important for that to be understood so people can see the importance of the restoration. Then we had English class during which we did a show and tell and guess what I showed. :) I showed my McDonalds belt buckle! :) Hahaha they all loved it. I was going to bring pictures of Courtney but I had done that already hahaha! So they have already seen all the pictures of Courtney so I figured I’d show something they haven’t seen yet.

FRIDAY- We did weekly planning which was fine; just planning for our week ahead. Later that day we taught Enrico, our other new convert, about service and about him going to talk to the Bishop for a calling. Later that night we had dinner at this less active’s house. Long story short, she thinks no one wants her at church which is not true at all. Anyway, some people just can’t hide their pride or they let one little thing offend them and then they don’t come back to church. We ate with them and it was good but she just like talked the whole time about that and we taught a lesson about salvation, and we were bold with her in saying that salvation is our goal, so how do we get salvation? We get it from Christ and how do we follow Christ? His Gospel, which is faith, repentance, baptism, and the Holy Ghost. We didn’t get anywhere with her so we just had to leave and pray that her heart will be softened.

SATURADAY- We did casa today but didn’t get in. We almost did a few times but we just worked haha you know how it is. :) We were supposed to teach Titus but things didn’t work out...we didn’t do anything else besides casa this week.

SUNDAY-  We had church and then we ate at a members house. The Catalano (I think that’s how you spell it) we ate was really good. I should write down the name of the meals I eat but it was a pasta type thing. And then we ate fried meat which was really good. I’m really surprised by how much I eat haha I wouldn’t have never thought that I would be able to eat this much! I guess it’s because my stomach is growing. That night we went to a member’s house to teach a lesson about getting referrals. It was a really good lesson. We based it off of this CD that Anziano Zippro has. I hope it touched them and they will find someone who is ready for this gospel.

MONDAY- today we finally taught Titus he has been acting weird because he felt bad that he had not been keeping his commitments. Anyway that’s good that he is honest about it and he is trying to change. We made new goals for him and we are going to help him through this. I would rather him be honest like that, then try and hide it from us and that would just be frustrating haha! We taught him about the importance of church and how you can get revelation there and we also talked to him about solutions of overcoming temptation when it comes. He is looking for a new place to live because he lives with his girlfriend Helen.  Pray for us. :)  We taught this other member family: the Quaresimas. They are a cool family. They remind me of us because they have 2 kids that are 17 and 18 just like Jason as I. We did the same referral lesson with them and at the end of the lesson the father said "Anziani, I want you to come in about 10 days. I will invite my sister to eat with us and you will come." Anyway that was really cool because his sister isn’t a member and it’s just awesome how right after the lesson he knew what he needed to do. We must have said something that hit him. It was really awesome!

TUESDAY- We taught Titus again and he is keeping his commitments. He is still looking for work and for a new place to live. We need to pray for him and give him the strength he needs. If I was in his situation, I would be scared; looking for a new place to live without a job. But he has amazing faith and I know he will be blessed for it. We taught 4 lessons in a row! We had Titus and then we had to race to the church to teach Enrico about referrals (as you can tell that’s kind of what we are doing with members now is doing this referral lesson that we came up with) and then we taught Samantha. We taught the rest of the restoration and it was such a powerful lesson. The spirit was really there and she was asking questions while we were asking her questions. All together, it was a really good lesson. In the end, we invited her to be baptized for the 9th of April. She said that she would need to think about it and we encouraged her to pray about it. I know we were supposed to ask her to be baptized then because it just felt right. We are meeting here today and we will see if she has thought about it. I think she’ll get baptized.  After Sam’s lesson, we went to this member’s house. His name is Andrea he served in like Georgia or something. Anyway he is a new father; his baby was born last month. He is so awesome haha! Anyway, we went there and gave a referral lesson. :) Haha I really like this lesson because it shows members that we are here to work and that we need their help.

WEDNESDAY- We had zone conference and it was really good. I went to zone conference with a question and it was answered by the end of it. I never did that before but it really works, and it works for everything too church, General Conference, talks, whatever. If you go with a question in heart that you have prayed about and have faith you will get the answer, you will get it. Anyway it was just a cool experience. The zone conference was focused on how to teach with asking questions and how the asking questions part makes or breaks everything. By asking a good question you can open someone up and then hit them with your testimony. That is what I’m going to do now, not that I wasn’t doing it before because with the teach 2 find you ask questions but they haven’t really been soul searching questions that really help. So that is what I am going to do in order to get in more often. :) It was a really good zone conference and I’m grateful to be on a mission to learn and grow. This mission is changing my live everyday for the better :)

That was the week; not as eventful as others but that’s the mission sometimes. Today we went to the back to get our bikes out to ride to the internet point and someone didn’t lock the gate last night. Our bikes weren’t stolen but our seats were! Hahahahaha! So now we ride around standing up. It’s weird, we will have to buy seats. Haha I just can’t believe that some little punks took our seats as a joke! Hahaha oh well sometimes you just have to laugh these things off.
Some other things that happened this week that I forgot to mention, I sowed my first button this week and I taught myself. I did it and it’s perfect. I really like sowing buttons! When I was done, I wanted to rip it off and do it again but I didn’t haha. Aren’t you so proud that I’m learning! :)
Also I didn’t know this but Father’s day in Italy is different than in Canada or the States. It was last Saturday, the 19th, because at church the primary did this thing. I freaked out a bit because my whole life I thought father’s day was in June and then I was talking to some members and they reassured me I was right so father’s day here is in march.... weird I know hahaha. Okay last thing, something kind of funny, so Titus our investigator is from Africa and so I don’t know if you know this about Africans, well especially those from Nigeria like him, they are really intense with prayers. They will say the Lord’s name over and over in difference ways. I would write it but I don’t want to be sacrilegious. Anyway, they say things like "let my friends the missionaries, the people of God be washed with the blood of Christ". At first I was confused but then I realized that was a good thing. They are intense and it’s hard not to laugh sometimes. Titus sneezed one time and instead of saying excuse me he said Jesus is our Lord. Hahahahahaha I had never heard that before so I busted up laughing hahaha! It was really funny; maybe you had to be there but part of it was just in my head, like did he really just say that? Hahaha…

Yesterday at zone conference I got the packages thanks so much for the pictures and chocolates and candies and such and such. :)

I love you my family and I’m so grateful for your love and support. Just keep praying for me and just so you know I already knew Jason was going to be Zone Leader because I had a dream about it and told him last week and look what happened! ;) Hahahaha! I love you all and will talk to you next . :)

I LOVE YOU! :)

Love your Benda boy Anziano Glowa! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment