Thursday, March 3, 2011

Now,we are only allowed to e-mail for 1 hour and we can only e-mail family.

Hey!!!!!
So this was a good week! I got a new companion and his name is Anziano Zippro.  I'm killing him this transfer but it's going to be fun. We're best friends and get a long great. I can tell that this is going to be a great transfer.

THURSDAY-so I dropped off Anziano Bevan at the Milan train station and then got my new comp. He's awesome, he's from Farmington Utah. His mom is Italian and he has less active family in our area so we are going to re-active them all :) Thursday didn't do much because when we got back from the train station we had a lesson with Vanessa (new convert) and then basta ( thats it) haha 

FRIDAY-we did weekly planning and made our vision for this transfer. We have numbers and stuff we are looking towards like baptisms and stuff but we really want to focus on being more Christlike. So we are making goals on working on one Christlike attribute every week.  Also another goal we made was SYL (speak your language) so we speak all day everyday. haha Well we started off but its hard once you are such good friends so we go in and out of it. Now I say we SYL like 70 to 80 percent which isn't bad.  Something else Anziano Zippro is helping me with ,is that now I have a little note book and I write down every word in Italian I don't know. so if we are talking and I don't know a word I write it down with the English translation next to it. I'm learning so much its awesome.

SATURDAY-we went to Alexandria for a stake priesthood work shop. usually we dont go to those but president did and he wanted the missionaries in the area to go. it was very well done there were different work shops for different age groups and such. we did a missionary one first done by president where he talked about us (his missionaries) and the changes we are undergoing in this mission in terms of how we teach and stuff like that.  afterwards we all gathers together and talked about how parents can learn to listen and handle conflicts in their homes, it didn't really apply to us, well i guess you can use it with your companion but it was very good. we watched a few movie clips, like those mormon clips from the 90s haha those are soooo funny! hahaha

SUNDAY-went to church Anziano Zippro introduced himself and all that .Titus came to church again so that's awesome that he's progressing .  After church we did finding work and less active finding work in our area but had no luck. But that's okay because if we keep our heads up and our attitudes high there is nothing we cant do.

MONDAY-more finding work, we got a few passers by and some numbers but no lessons.  I called famiglia Serra and she answered the phone it was nice not to get ignored by her. She was at the doctors and told me to call back .so I'll call back either today or tomorrow.  We talked also with the Famiglia Burno. The mother is less active and has been for  20 years and she has a non member husband and 2 children both not members. We taught them about expectations, like what they expect and what we expect. That way no one is wasting time and we are all looking towards the same thing, it went well. They still don't really know why they are meeting with us. Like in terms of what they want to get out of it. This week we are going to meet with the only the mother and  talk about what she wants for her family and to know if we have her support.

TUESDAY-we taught a lot of lessons. Well not a lot but we didn't have time to do finding work. we taught Titus and went over the word of wisdom again. He's not keeping it which is a bit frustrating, so we went over it again and tried to get to the bottom of it. We are more active in his life now. To help him  we give him a call everynight and we teach him 3 times a week.  I know it's tough for him but we promised him that if he quits doing the things he's doing, he'll find work. Hopefully that will give him the will power so we will see. We also taught Enrico and Vanessa at church (not together),for their new convert lessons. Then we walked with Vanessa to her house to eat there and teach her parents. The next lesson we have with Vanessa will be to know the expectations of her parents. We want to know if they are interested of not.

WEDNESDAY-sorry I didn't e-mail yesterday but we had training. It's like zone conference except we do more teaching and it helps us improve it was really well done. It's nothing I didn't really already know just like building my testimony on the things that we are already doing. They did come out with a new rule in terms of internet use on p-day so from now on we are only allowed to e-mail for 1 hour and we can only e-mail family. President said that means we have write everyone else by letter only. I think it will be hard but I understand the motive behind it. I am going to be obedient so that I can get blessings. This is the last week that I can email friends and Courtney so please tell them that I cant email anymore. 

So that was my week I guess I'll answer some questions now. I didn't get a package yet , but we have zone conference in 2 weeks so hopefully it will come in by then. In terms of investigators, Titus is progressing kind of, he's finding it hard with the word of wisdom but he reads and prays and comes to church so he's trying . Then we have the Bruno family which are doing well, we will see next time if they are progressing, famiglia Serra we will meet this week. Now its time to find more people to teach.

I love you ,thank you for your emails and your love! I loove you sooooo much!

Love Anziano Glowa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment