Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Another Transfer !!!

HEY!!!!
Thanks for your emails I love reading them and seeing how your week go. I'm very grateful for the prayers that I am getting, they are for sure helping a lot.  As for famiglia Serra for the time being we are semi dropping them. We are going to let them sit and think and we'll call them in a few weeks or so.There is nothing more that we can do.  All we can do is leave it up to the Lord.

So as you may have guessed transfers are in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you'll never guess what's going on...I'm killing again... I'm staying in Collegno and my new comp is from Utah...Obviously!!! His name is Anziano Ziprow(don't know how to spell it) but like I said I'm killing him.  I guess it's a good think because I'm getting all this wise information from these dying missionaries. It's not the easiest in the world to kill an elder... Dad did you ever have to kill anyone? Do you have any stories or remember how it was? So that's what's happened this transfers haha.Sorry it's not more exciting.  I've heard a bit about my new comp and from what I've heard he's a hard worker. He won't be getting turnkey which is good because I wouldn't let him anyway hahahaha

As for this week:

THURSDAY-nothing really happened, did casa, then we had English class it went well, I was just really excited because Friday we went to Lake Como haha :)

FRIDAY- Lake Como was sooooooooo awesome! and I have good news.I don't know why I didn't think of this before but I went to a camera store and asked if they had a USB thing for my memory card and they did. So I don't even need the cord. So I'm not saying there will be but you might get some pictures or something this week haha . Just a few and then I'll send a CD with all the pics haha About Lake Como , we got their at 10 am and we went to the lake which was awesome and huge and there were a bunch of houses on the hill side just so Italian looking I had to take pictures. Then we went to Centro(where all the shops are) and we saw the domo (dont know how to spell it) pretty much its like the big church. In Lake Como and I bought 2 green ties for £14 they are way good quality and on sale so I had too haha.  Then we went and got food I got a buffalo pizza is has mozzarella cheese and buffalo meat sooooo good! Then we went to the light house so we went and took this train thing to the top of the mountain and then we had to walk another 2 km to the top. It was such a nice walk and then view from the light house was amazing I really loved Lake Como. It was such a nice day and we went with a member. I practiced my Italian all day because I had to talk to him and he corrected me the whole time it was awesome really good practice.  Then we went back home. It was a 2 hour car ride so it took some time to travel but we listened to EFY music it was awesome!
 SATURDAY-we taught this guy named Franco but we aren't going to go back. He just was full of contention but we bore testimony and told him if he wanted to know the truth to read the book of Mormon and to pray about it. He refused and said it wouldn't do anything anyway so we promised blessings and ended with a prayer. I would come back but he just wouldn't listen to us, he wasn't open at all.  Sometimes we just have to teach them once to plant the seed and then maybe in 10 years he will run into other missionaries and remember what we talked about and maybe then he'll be ready.  We were going to teach Titus but he ditched us so we didn't end up doing that. Did some casa and headed home.

SUNDAY-my comp gave a farewell talk and Titus came to church that was a huge surprise. So he is progressing well.  We also taught this less active family. Well the wife is less active and the husband and 2 children aren't members. We watched the restoration with them and they seemed to enjoy it. It wasn't anything new to them but the spirit was way strong. We will go back this week.

MONDAY-we taugh this guy names Abdol. He's from Africa and he's Muslim. So we taught him about Jesus Christ and how we believe him to be more then a prophet but to be our Saviour and Redeemer.  We invited him to pray and ask if Jesus is the Christ and he said he would.  More casa we didn't get in once this week. But we will continue to work hard.

TUESDAY-we taught Titus the word of wisdom, it will be hard because he smokes and drinks and I'm pretty sure he does drugs, but we gave him a blessing and he said he will keep the word of wisdom. I felt prompted to challenge him to baptism so I just asked him if he wanted to be baptized on the 19th of march and he accepted. So now Titus has a baptismal date :) We didn't do much, just casa and casa and then gave my comp one last Italian pizza before he goes home haha.

TODAY-I will write emails and then my comp has to pack so I get a day of napping :P hahaha joking joking I'll find something productive to do :)

I love you sooo much thank you for your great emails .I love them and I love hearing about you.  I'm sure you may be wondering but just because my comp is going home doesn't mean I'm trunky haha. Dont worry about me I'm just fine I couldn't be happier then serving the Lord here in the land of Italy :) I LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Anziano Glowa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment