Sunday, February 6, 2011

This was a very good week the work here is really exploding!!!

HEY!!!!!

This was a very good week the work here is really exploding!!!

WEDNESDAY-nothing really happened because it was p-day. We met with Enzo our ward mission leader just to talk about investigators and less-actives and stuff like that. That night we had a Family home evening. The ward is trying something new every Wednesday there is a family home evening with food games and a spiritual thought it's a great idea to bring investigators, you should tell our ward about it Hahaha.

THURSDAY-we had interviews and I got my PACKAGES!!! :) Interviews were great while president was interviewing the different missionaries in the zone we got taught by the zone leaders and then by the assistance to the president. The lessons were about baptism and how we need to stop making baptismal dates so far away. Our new goal as a mission is to not make a baptism date further then a month away and to invite on the first preach my gospel lesson.That night we called Enrico up and told him we are moving his baptism to this Saturday and he acccepted and he also asked me to baptize him. He is getting baptized on the 5th of February I'm soooo excited, he told me that you added him on facebook haha.  Then that evening we met with famiglia Serra. Before interviews we were going to challenge them for the 5th of march but after interviews we decided on the 19th of February. The lesson was so amazing they started off by saying how they read the Book of Mormon together and prayed and they know its true and then they brought up baptism and so we gave them the invite for the 19th and they EXCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so stoked for this family they are really a miracle family.Its obvious that Heavenly Father has been preparing them for a while SOOOOO AWESOMEEEE!
Then that evening I opened the packages....except for the valentines day one,I think someone told me to save that one till Valentines day hahaha.I want to thank you for the photo album I love it! thanks so much! Thank the Halems for the robin shirt thats so awesome haha. Thanks for the instructions but you don't have to worry about me using the dryer hahaa in Italy every house has their own washer but no one has dryers. Everyone just hangs there cloths up inside in the winter and outside in the summer just a little fact for all y'all :P
Can you thank Grandma and Grandpa for me, I want to thank them myself but I need you to get me their p.o. box number.  Also can you thank MJ for me she sent me a nice note and a cool stone thing so just make sure you thank her for me and I appreciate all that I've goten. Also I'm going to write to Courtney to tell her to thanks her family, her family sent me a tie and her grandparents sent me some stuff too so you can thank them too but I'll get Courtney to do that.

FRIDAY-we didn't do a lot because Anziano Bevan was sick. We taught Enrico about Tithing and he excepted so he has been taught everything and excepted everything AWESOME!

SATURDAY-Anziano Bevan was still sick but we went and taught one of our investigators . He's a 7th day adventist(don't know how to spell that one) The lessons are good but he always brings it back to when the Sabbath is and we always tell him that we want to teach him other stuff and that we will talk about that another time. It's important for him to understand and know that the Book of Mormon is true then everything else will fall into place.

SUNDAY-Enrico came to church which was awesome but famiglia Serra didn't because they are sick we called them and they have the flu. I hope they aren't sick for long or we will have to move their baptism date but we will see what happens just keep them in your prayers thanks :) That night I went to Torino to do a scambi with the zone leaders.Scambi means exchange or switch.So I was there with Anziano Pilcher.

MONDAY-spent the whole day with the zone leader and we had fun we got in twice doing casa in the morning but no one  promising, that evening we had a lesson with 3 Chinese kids from China.  they had never heard about God and we really excited to learn.  they are so funny, they have Chinese names but they gave themselves English names so people would understand so one is Daniel, then Tom and then Beer, so i was calling this guy beer the whole time and then at the end of the lesson i was like so your names beer? and her like yes yes my name is beer like beer Clinton...he was trying to say bill but he cant even say his own name hahahaha so funny these guys are awesome Anziano Pilcher will go back and teach them again and i think they are all very promising, its amazing to see how ready the Chinese people are for the gospel its too bad that the mission is closed, thats why they come to Italy to hear to gospel hahaha

TUESDAY-came back from scambi,  Anziano Bevan was with Anziano Brown.He's a cool guy I like him he goes home next transfer, so well get to scambi next time. We had district meeting it was good we talked about our purpose as a missionary and then we had a lesson with Enrico. We taught him about the priesthood because he has been taught everything else already.  Famiglia Serra is still sick please keep them in your prayers we are going to bake them a cake or something and drop it by their house today haha hopefully it works out hahhaa.

So that was my week pretty awesome we have 3 baptisms haha it's so awesome how the work can just explode hahhaa, I love you all, this work is so true and I'm so grateful for this chance that I have to go and serve. In all honesty it's not a sacrifice at all because I'm learning so much! I love this gospel with all my heart and I know that Jesus is the Christ and we can only be saved through His name! I love you all!!


LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anziano Glowa
P.S. I cant believe Pat comes home today thats soooooo weird! hug him from me tell him I love him and that I expect an email!
I love you! bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. caro ha recivuto il mio regalo ?
    lascio mi sapere,
    Mari Josee

    ReplyDelete