Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My first baptism , and it was awesome !!!

HEY!!!!!

So Enrico's baptism was awesome a bunch of people showed up and I only had to baptize him once, like his foot or anything didn't come out of the water.I messed up on the prayer a little bit, but I quickly fixed my wording so it was all good.It was a very good baptism.His mother even came and I had a chance to talk to her. My Italian is improving alot ,I can pretty much talk to who ever and don't rely on my comp anymore. So I was talking to her and she seemed like she liked the baptism.

The famiglia Serras baptism was going to be this up coming weekend on the 19th but we have to move it back a few weeks. They have only come to church once . They missed last Sunday because they went to the park as a family because it was such a nice day. We are meeting them this week and well just have to explain the importance of going to church and that we have to move there baptismal date. It will most likely be on the 26th of Feb. or the 5th of March, but I would rather them be fully converted when baptized then halfway.

Don't worry this week I kept my camera in my pocket. I bring it around even if there isn't really anything in Collegno to take pictures of Haha. I don't think you understand that Collegno doesn't REALLY look like Italy its more like chateaugauy but I bring it around anyways in case I see something cool, like a hobo begging for money hahaha joking.

So yes I write Jason and he writes me, not like every week but we try to be good about it. Often times I write him after I write you so I don't feel like re saying everything that I write you so I just tell him how I am and feeling and stuff.

So Patty-C is home! That's so weird haha I cant believe I haven't seen him in 2 years that's crazy... so when's the wedding?

Dad got to eat at Crown burger??? I'm soooooo jealous hahaha you should have told him to mail me some hahaha

Can you tell uncle Mike and my cousin Cody happy birthday for me I don't know if you already called them or whatever but I wish them both a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!

So this week...

WEDNESDAY-nothing really happened did shopping,took a nap then we had FHE at church and that was it hahaha sorry nothing exciting

THURSDAY-we tried to do less active finding. We have some names of less active people with address' but no phone numbers and the people on the list were all outside of town so we had to take a city bus to find these people. Long story short we found one family who wasn't even there..... a little bit of a waste of time but the ward asked us to do it... next time I'm going to say that we need phone numbers because its just a waste of our time if we go ALL the way there for nothing.... So that's all we did then we had English class and we also taught Famiglia Serra the plan of salvation.I made cut outs for the son who's 10, so he could understand I think it went really well :)

FRIDAY-same kinda story as Thursday we had to do more less active finding work except.... We got lost... kinda, well we took the wrong bus and ended up in the wrong town but we figured out that there are like 4 or 5 families in this town that are less active. We didn't have time to go to them but now that we know how to get there we will do that this week.

SATURDAY-we had to go to Enzo's house (the ward mission leader, the guy in Collegno who helps the missionaries) because he hadn't done the program for Enrico's baptism. So we went over and helped him do it, then we went to the church to fill the font. The baptism went well as I already explained.

SUNDAY-was fast Sunday and Enrico went to bear his testimony and called my comp and me to go and stand next to him... a little weird/awkward haha but whatever he meant well haha. Sunday was good, after church we were ready to go home and then a sister in the ward (sister Tribastone) asked us what we were done now. Then asked us if we wanted to eat at their house, and so we did it was soooooooooo good!!!! The pasta was to die for and the chicken she made was like heaven haha .I cant explain it, I love the Italian meal here haha. For desert its always the same for every Italian, nuts, fruits, and something sweet like bread with sugar on it or something like that its just perfect hahaha. oh I love Italian cooking! hahaha 
I am truly blessed to be here.

MONDAY-we had district meeting and then we did scambi, so Anziano Neff and I came back to Collegno.  I don't know if I told you this but Anziano Neff (my MTC comp) we are in the same district so we got to go on scambi, it was wayyyy fun.  As you know we are both young in the mission so it was a great opportunity for me to step it up and put my trust in the Lord. On Sunday and Monday its weird its like my Italian just sky rocketed. Now I can say a bunch of stuff and now the members are starting to correct my Italian(which is good because that means they have confidence in me and don't feel bad for me) haha. On Sunday Sister Tribastone asked how long have you been in Italy 4-5 months? and I told her I have only been here 2 months. haha, she was very impressed. I'm not boasting or saying I'm awesome I'm just boating in my God because I know He's the one helping me :)

TUESDAY-scambi ended it was fun we gave out some book of Mormons and some pass along cards but didn't get in...oh well.  But something cool happened that day.  We were walking (anz. Bevan and me) and this guy yelled Ciao at us and we decided to go talk to him. He was way a head of us so we followed him for a block and a half and stopped him and talked to him. He said he had seen the missionaries and we asked if we could go to his house some time and he said yeah so we got his address and phone number and I gave him a Book of Mormon pass along card(it talks about the Book of Mormon Obviously but it says that you can get one for free). That night before we planned we got a call and it was him...his names Roberto haha and he was like "I want a Book of Mormon when can you come to give me one?" So we are going to his house today and we will see if Roberto wants to get baptized.

WEDNESDAY-so this Saturday coming up my comp gets to do a "dying wish" because he is dying haha and I convinced him to go to Como (the rules for the dying wish is that you can't go more then 2 hours away and my comp as already been to Geneva so we are going to Como) Another rule for this is that when you go on a dying wish or a culture day you have to sacrifice one P-Day so today we start working at 3 instead of 6 which isn't bad at all, so I'll tell you how Como was is next week ,don't work I'll bring my camera hahaha

So that was my week I hope you all have an awesome week. I love you all so much and i'm so grateful for your support and the love that I feel from you. You are in my prayers every night and every morning and I know that the Lord is watching over you. I know that this work is true and that there ARE people here that are ready for this message and there are people who are searching. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that this is His restored church on the earth again. I love you all and just know that this church and this work is so very important don't be shy to share it with the world.

I LOVE YOU MY FAMILY!!!!

Love Anziano Glowa
P.S 
Are you enjoying these books that im writing haha :P love you!
I LOVE YOU ALLL!!!!!!!<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment