Thursday, February 17, 2011

"It was just cool to see the hand of the Lord in our work that night ,soooo awesome, I love missionary work :)

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So this was a pretty good week :) I opened the Valentine's Day package, thanks for the card and pics I love them :) One of my favourite pics is of you mom, you are holding up a shirt and looking at the camera like oh yeah I got another shirt that's great. I laughed and laughed hahahaha. Also I got the dearelder you sent with dad's talk, very good talk dad. Thanks for sending it just by the way you talk I can tell you're going to be a general authority someday :) hahaha Also I was walking with my comp and we were walking in sync and it just felt weird haha. Then I remembered when I was little thinking that when you walk in sync with something you will grow up to be like that person. So when I was little I would always try and walk in sync with you dad haha just something I don't know if I've ever told you hahaha
This week...........

THURSDAY-we did less active finding work. Instead of wasting the whole day I called a member and asked if he was willing to drive us which he was and it went well. The less active member doesn't want anything to do with the church but he was good friends with the member we went with. So that was good maybe he'll make it back through friendship.  Then that night we had English class, nothing special but dang that class is funny hahaha just as funny as me speaking Italian probably hahaha.

FRIDAY-today was a rough day. The beginning wasn't too rough, we just did casa and then taught Enrico because we have to teach the new members the lessons all over again.  Then we met with famiglia Serra, we were teaching them the word of wisdom and all seemed to be going fine and then we talked about how its healthy to eat a little bit of meat but she's a vegetarian. Then she went into a huge discussion about how she doesn't understand how God wouldn't allow smoking but he allows the death of animals. Anyways it wasn't the best lesson, we left with telling her to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if its true for herself because nothing we say will convince her, she needs to know for herself.

SATURDAY-we didn't end up going to Como, we are going this Friday instead and don't worry I'll take lots of pictures haha. We had a good day anyways. We went and visited an ex-investigator(he was an investigator but then the missionaries dropped him because he wasn't progressing). The lesson went well and we taught about the Book of Mormon and about authority and then when we were leaving I felt the impression to invite him to church for the next day...

SUNDAY-TITUS (that's the ex-investigator, now the progressing investigator) came to church!!! He said he really liked it and agreed to meet with us again, I'm pretty excited about that.  This was a stressful Sunday because I gave my first talk in church...obviously in Italian haha, it wasn't long just like 5 to 10 mins haha. I did it on attitude and read Mosiah 24: 15-16. I talked about how we need to have a good attitude when we are working for the Lord and then tied it into the missionary work. People told me it went well and stuff. They were says things like "that was a good talk for someone who has only been out 4 months" and then I said "I've only been here 2 and they couldn't believe it haha. I'm not being proud or anything like that it's just what happened. I'm sure they are just being nice hahaha so that was my awesome Sunday :)

MONDAY-was VALENTINES DAY!!!!!! we also did scambi, so Anziano Dean from Torino came here to Collegno with me and we worked! We taught a guy names Abdoclava (I had contacted him on the street the day before) and it went well... haha. He's Muslim so we are working with him, we gave him a Book of Mormon and taught him to pray...kinda... We taught him but he didn't understand so he prayed like 3 times but he would just read out what we had written what I wrote on a piece of paper. "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for, we ask you for, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen". Then his prayer went like this "Dear Heavenly Father, we thank you for, we ask you for, in the name of Jesus Christ Amen hahahaha. We tried explaining how you fill in your own stuff but we will have to meet with him again hahaha. That night we had a miracle, usually we finish doing casa at 8 o'clock because people get mad if we go later than that and then we do strada(just walk around and talk to people) until 9 o'clock. But we were walking around looking for a casa to do and I saw this one place but it was 8 o'clock and we were a little nervous but put our faith on the Lord. The first name we rung, the guy opened the door and my comp Anziano Dean started teaching him about Jesus. Then the guy was like "that doesn't interest me, but I just finished cooking do you want some pasta?" So he invited us in and we ate and talked and then he opened up the conversation to the gospel because he asked us as missionaries what we do. We took the opportunity to tell him about the restoration, we gave him a Book of Mormon and he gave us his phone number with a return appointment for tomorrow night. So that was just cool to see the hand of the Lord in our work that night soooo awesome, I love missionary work :)

TUESDAY-we called famiglia Serra because they didn't come to church. The mother said she didn't because she doesn't know if this is what she wants anymore and that there are some things that she doesn't agree with. So I played it cool and said, "I understand but that's why we want to meet with you this week so we can talk about the things you don't understand". So we will meet with them either this week or next week to fix this whole problem, please pray for us and for her she needs it, thank you. Then we taught Titus again and that went well,we taught the restoration, but there are a few problems haha.  First off he doesn't have a job(not that bad). He lives with his girlfriend(not the worst but not super good) His girlfriend is on house arrest) ,so that means he cant get married to her and he doesn't have money to move out. So we don't know what we will do yet, haha I feel like Nephi, and I know that I will be led by the spirit not knowing beforehand what to expect hahaha so pray for them too hahaha thanks :)

Alright that was my week not too bad, some miracles some problems haha just like a missionary life should be :) hahaha. Alright I will talk to you next week I love you sooooooo much thank you for your testimonies and for your love and support. I love you !!

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment