Friday, March 18, 2011

This mission is just passing way too fast!


Another week went by... This mission is just passing way too fast, it seemed like yesterday that I was getting off the plane and getting ready to meet my trainer. Can you believe it has been 5 months since we have seen each other face to face? It seems like yesterday that I was hugging you guys good bye. Anyways time has just flied by and I‘m amazed by how much I know, not only Italian but with the gospel I’m learning so much so fast sometimes I think my head is going to explode haha.

So this week!

FRIDAY- We taught Titus the word of wisdom. We really want it to sink in but we attached it with the gospel of Jesus Christ, you know faith, repentance, baptism, Holy Ghost and then enduring to the end. He really wants salvation so I think he will continue to keep the word of wisdom. Then we taught this African his name is Arnold. I contacted him on the bus on our p-day and we got a lesson with him. It went kind of well. He’s really fixed on the Bible and the Bible only, and the thing is he said he would be open to learning more about the Book of Mormon but he said he needs to finish the Bible first. So we are going to see him again next week and see if we can explain the importance a bit better of the Book of Mormon and the restoration.  We also taught our new convert Vanessa and she brought her friend Samantha. We talked about using appropriate language and why it’s important. It went really well.  Samantha even said she would come to church on Sunday. Haha so that was cool.

SATURDAY- Today we taught Elena Bruno at church. She is less active and has been for like 20 years and her family aren’t members. We taught her at church to kind of see what her expectations are with wanting them to join or if she even wants to come back and stuff. It went wellish... like she wants them to come but she doesn’t want to pressure them and she feels if she comes back to church that will pressure her family, which is frustrating but anyways we will meet her next week to help her and her family more with that. Then we went to Titus' house to teach the law of chastity. So pretty much Titus lives with his girlfriend Helen who isn’t really interested but she kind of is. Sometimes she’ll sit in on our lessons and other times she just won’t be there; pretty much she is unreliable. So we taught about how he can’t be you know doing what he’s been doing and how he and Helen need to get married. Titus and Helen both don’t work so it’s really hard. Its either one of them moves out or they get married they didn’t agree to marriage. He has a really strong testimony and I know he is ready for baptism but this is a sticky situation. So if you can please pray for him. After we taught them, we ate with them. It was the spiciest food I’ve ever eaten, I know that’s not saying a lot because I’m a light weight when it comes to spicy but my comp who has been in the mission 2 years and who has eaten a lot of spicy African food said this was the worst he had ever had. I thought I was going to die. I was ready to just pass out. But for some reason I lived; I can’t explain it but I’m alive and kicking haha! I hardly had any spicy food, like just the sauce and my face was on fire and then Helen said "hey why don’t you have any of the fish?" Just so you know the fish was COVERED in the hot sauce and the peppers so I couldn’t say no so I ate it and sucked it up and thus the reason why I’m almost dead but yeah when we come back here we will go to Titus' house and he will cook spicy for us and you will suffer just as I did. Haha the worst part is that it was soooo good just too spicy to eat haha anyways that’s what happened Saturday.

SUNDAY- We had church and guess who came... Titus!! And also Samantha (Vanessa’s friend) it was awesome. Titus had to go after sacrament meeting which was too bad but Samantha stayed. We taught her a lesson; it was just a little one about prophets because we didn’t have a lot of time. But it was cool, we were waiting to get started and she was talking to Vanessa and me and saying stuff like, if I want to be baptized you have to teach me more about your church. And then she was like I wonder who will baptize me, and then she pointed at me and said that I should do it. Haha so that’s good that she already has baptism on her mind. But we will see how it goes as she continues to take the lessons. I’m really excited! It’s one of those miracle things because Samantha just came out of no where and she’s already talking about baptism. So we will see. :) Then we had lunch with some of Anziano Zippro’s family. They live in Alpingnano which is a little town outside of Collegno. We ate with his aunt, uncle and 2 cousins and also his grandma. I ate sooooooo much I thought I was going to die. I had this huge thing of pasta and then 3 pieces of steak and cheese and bread and salad and then fruit and cake. I thought I was going to die. Anyway it was really nice to eat with them. They are less active so we are working with them a little bit. When we got back from that we had an appointment with the Caruso family to teach the restoration. They are members but we teach members to practice and to practice the language and to build their confidence in us so they give us referrals haha. Anyway when we finished the lesson they asked us if we had time to eat with them. I thought they meant like a little piece of cake or something because it was 8:45 but no. She started cooking and made pasta and had cheese and bread and let’s just say I had to roll myself home! Eating 2 huge meals right after each other.... oh dang I’m just glad I’m here to tell you how I ALMOST died haha twice this week haha!!! Anyway when we got home I checked the scale and I had put on like 5kg which is like 11 lbs. My stomach was super blotted; like I had a baby. It went down after a while, but I didn’t lose all the weight haha. I weigh like 162 or something like that now haha. But I’m starting to do sit ups. Hopefully that helps, haha I should start running. Don’t get me wrong the food here is amazing! I’m afraid I love it took much hahaha.

MONDAY- Nothing really happened. We had district meeting. And then that night we did scambi with the zone leaders, so I went to Torino with Anziano Brown.

TUESDAY- It was our scambi. It was awesome! We did casa and I learned so much. We, as missionaries, are doing something new called teach to find. When we do casa or strada or talk to anyone, instead of just saying hey we have a message about Jesus can we come in for 5 mins or we have a message about families can we go to your house one day, we do this thing where the missionaries work together to teach at the door. This is the process:

Missionary 1:
Teaches a principle
Asks a question
Bears testimony

Missionary 2:
Bears testimony
Teaches a principle
Asks a question
Bears testimony

Anyway you do this so that you can bring the Spirit in at the door so they let you in. It’s harder because fewer people let you in but when you get in you know they want to learn more. You know they know what they are getting into. They know we are there to talk religion. Anyway it’s harder to get used to because you have to think about it more. I’ll give you an example:

Missionary 1
God is our loving Heavenly Father and we can talk to Him through prayer

Why do you think God wants us to pray to Him?

I know that God wants us to pray to Him because He loves and cares about us and He wants to help us as much as possible

Missionary 2
I know that what my companion said is true

And that another way God shows His love and shows that He wants to help us is by sending prophets.

If there was a prophet today on the earth, what would you ask him?

I know that there is a prophet today that leads us and helps us know in which direction we need to go

Can we come in and explain more about how God as called a prophet today?

Anyway that is just one example but that’s pretty much it. If you have good unity it works really well and the spirit can get so strong. I haven’t been able to get in doing casa with this yet but I know that it’s just a matter of time. :)

That was pretty much the week! It was fun and I’m really enjoying the mission. It’s hard sometimes but I wouldn’t have it any other way, because if it wasn’t hard, I wouldn’t learn anything. Tonight we are meeting Samantha. Hopefully it goes well and I will tell you more about it next week.

I love you soo much! Thank you for your love and concern. I pray for you always and I’m so grateful for the examples you have been to me. :)

I love you my Family! :)

Love Anziano Glowa :)

Ti amo tanto bene! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment