Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Anziano Glowa: Master Chef

HEY!!!!

So this week was pretty crazy! We did a lot of scambis and also we did a blitz. I don't know if I've explained what a blitz is but its pretty much when another companionship comes into your area and helps you do finding work so there are double the missionaries blitzing the area, its pretty awesome. I’ll explain the week.

THURSDAY- The night before, we had the district leader come over and we blitzed Collegno and then they slept over so today we did pday together.  So we emailed you guys and then we went to the YSA building and played fooseball and ping pong and I owned everyone obviously haha! And then we watched the Joseph Smith movie and I showed everyone where I am in the movie and where mom is so that was fun. :) We didn't really do much else, just English class and that was it.

FRIDAY- I went to Torino uno with Anziano Bolnick my district leader. We did a scambi and it was way fun!!! It has been a while since I was with a companion that could understand and speak Italian, so when we taught lessons they were so powerful it was amazing! We just taught and bore testimony back and forth it was awesome! In less then 24 hours we set 3 baptismal dates and 1 of the lessons we didn’t even plan, we just followed each other. The other one we planned but we switched lessons and just followed each other’s lead; it was so much fun. Don’t get me wrong I love training, I'm learning a lot but it was just fun to switch it up for a day. It was awesome how much unity Anziano Bolnick and I have. We are pretty much brothers! I don’t know if I mentioned this but Anziano Bolnick knows Sister Fletcher, Courtney knows her. :) Anyways on our scambi we stayed up talking till like 3 in the morning haha! We just talked about everything it was awesome. I hope I get to serve with him that would be so much fun. :) Anyways it was such a good scambio and I learned a lot from him.

SATURDAY- I spent most of the day with Anziano Bolnick in Torino because we had other lessons and that and couldn’t re-scambi till later that day but I totally hugged another old guy, I love playing this old man game. They are so happy when I ask for a hug. :) We ended up re-scambing at 6 and then when we got back to Collegno, we weekly planned, its kind of a weird period because we don’t really have any solid people. Sam can’t get baptized right now but we are working on that and Eddy has stopped answering our calls. So its understandable; like we don’t really have any investigators but we are working super hard. I should be really frustrated but I'm just not, like when I kneel by my bed at night and talk with my Father in Heaven, I can’t feel anything but joy just knowing that I'm doing all I know that is expected of me. It’s such an amazing feel to feel so good even if you aren’t teaching a lot of people, its true what preach my gospel says about a successful mission. It’s measured in my commitment to FIND, TEACH AND BAPTIZE and right now I'm doing all I can to find. It was just weird to know that I should be frustrated but I just can’t feel like that, I just feel so content with life and being here doing all I can to show my love to me Father in Heaven. I really love the mission. It’s really turning me into a better man.

SUNDAY- We had church, which was awesome!!!! Hahaha it wasn’t anything different than usually. I just love church in Italian; it’s weird to think that I haven’t had English church for 5 months haha! Kind of weird but way awesome. After church we taught Vanessa the restoration but Anziano Taggart taught most of the lesson. We did it to help him teach more and get more comfortable. I still taught and helped out when he got stuck but he’s really improving. I'm really proud of him. I REALLY love speaking in Italian and especially teaching I love Italian. It’s so weird when I talk Italian. I think in my mind, how are these words coming out of my mouth, haha its so awesome. I can’t wait to speak to you all in Italian and show you how much I've improved. I can now talk about other stuff than the gospel; my vocabulary is improving. :) If you thought I knew Italian before just get ready for this Sunday haha and then by next Christmas I'm 100% sure that I'll be fluent. :) It’s so weird how when I talk I actually think of the plurals and masculin and all that, where as for French for 19 years I never even thought about that once. It’s so weird how in 7 months of Italian I'm pretty much better than 19 years of French haha. It’s so awesome! I'm truly blessed to be learning another language. Then after we just did casa and didn’t find anyone but we are trying and we will find people soon! :)

MONDAY- ANZIANO JENSON IS SOOOOOOOO AWESOME!!!!! Today we did a scambio; he’s my zone leader. He is the same age (mission age) as my father Anziano Meszaros. So he came here to Collegno. It was so much fun. Again kind of like the other scambio; it was just fun to be with someone that could understand and bear testimony on what I was saying, not that Anziano Taggart doesn’t, it’s just he doesn’t always understand what’s going on. It is just as it was for my first transfer. Anyways so with Anziano Jenson we did a lot of strata and got a bunch of people’s phone numbers and gave 2 Book of Mormons away and got in doing casa. No one became a new investigator but we worked so hard. Like it was one of those days where I looked back and I knew I gave 120%. Most of my days are like that but there is always someone I think of like...dang I should have talked to that person but with Anziano Jenson we literally destroyed Collegno. It was just way fun. We didn’t teach any lessons. We just went and worked soooo hard but it was so fun. Some people wouldn’t like that but it was for real really fun, I just love talking with people. I learned a lot from Anziano Jenson, just on how to do things better. I was doing them well but I'm still young so he helped me make everything better. :) Oh yeah and I totally got another old guy, I hugged him and he was soooo happy! :)

TUESDAY- We re-scambied after I learned some missionary changing things from my good friend Anziano Jenson. It was really what I needed, I love scambio.  We re-scambied and then we did casa. We didn’t get in though, but we are working hard and we will see blessings. :) Then we did some referral hunting but the guy we went to go see wasn’t there. For lunch I made my first tiramisu! It was really good; the cream was sooooo good. I’ll explain how I made it: I dipped the cracker stuff in hot chocolate instead of the coffee substitute to make it sweater but I made a mistake and poured a little hot chocolate on each level I made, which made the whole thing rise and then the underneath was full of liquid. It still tasted really good but next time I won’t do that and it will be perfect.  Then we taught Sam the restoration and I made Anziano Taggart teach again to improve his teaching. He is getting so good; I'm so proud of him. I'm really grateful for his desire to serve the Lord it makes missionary work so much more fun. Then we went to institute with Sam and Vanessa to encourage them to go because they don’t go but if we go with them they'll go and if we go together then they will meet new people and slowly we won’t have to go anymore. But they talked about D&C 127-128 it was really good. I love studying from the student manual it just blows your mind. Then we slept at the capi house and that brings us to now. :)

I love you all so much and I want you to know that no matter how hard this work may seem, it’s not because I have my Savior with me always. I love this work and I love the people and I will continue to serve forever even after my mission. I love you all soooo much!

Love Anziano Glowa

P.S I love you all SOOOOOOOOOOOO much! You are the force that drives me thank you for your example and all that you do and your prayers I know that is where I get my strength I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment