Thursday, May 19, 2011

Montova Here I Come!!

Ciao!

Alright, so I got the transfer call but I don’t know if you really want to know what happened. I mean it’s not that important as long as I’m serving the Lord right? So I think I’ll just tell you next phone call or something like that. Haha just kidding!! I’ll tell you about transfers, so as you know I have been in Collegno for about 6 months, so I was pretty sure that I was getting transferred, but not everything is what we think it is...except for this because I did get transferred! :P Haha I’m going to...drum roll please...MONTOVA! Hahaha and President has called me to be district leader there. I don't really know much about Montova other that its one of the oldest cities in north Italy and there is a road that actually leads to Rome (reference from all roads lead to Rome). Anyways so there will be lots of picture opportunities. :) But yeah I’m pretty excited, I mean Collegno is like home for me but I need to get out and stretch my wings a little bit, but I’m so excited. I’m almost done packing and I leave tomorrow morning. Since last week, I’ve taken a bunch of pictures. I went to members’ houses here in Collegno to get a family picture with them so you can see what they look like, but this computer is being dumb and so you need to wait till next week to get more pictures.

Now with the week...

THURSDAY- I was sick, so I slept most of the day and I’m glad I did because by the afternoon I felt a lot better and so I didn’t waste any other time. We had English class that evening and because it was my last one in Collegno, we had a party. Everyone brought food and we talked (in English) and ate and just had a really good time. I think they're really going to miss me.  Anyway it was a fun evening, but nothing else really happened.

FRIDAY- We did weekly planning and that went well and then after it was one of those 6 hours of casa days. It wasn’t bad. We didn’t get in but I had fun doing the Lords work, I can feel myself growing every day. Also one of the apartments we went to had carpet in the entrance. NO WHERE in Italy is there carpet; I had not seen carpet for 6 months! So I took a picture of myself laying down on the carpet, it felt good, haha it was a hard day but a good day. Even if we didn’t get in, I just feel good knowing that we are doing what the Lord wants us to do and I just feel good about myself. And plus tomorrow is another day to find someone. :)

SATURDAY- We were doing casa and we got let in but this lady was CRAZY!!!!! She believed she could heal people and she had a patient there and she put her hand on his knee and was just like mumbling to herself. It was really creepy but kind of funny to see. After she "healed" this guy, she began to explain about how the Bible has been translated wrong and she told me how she gets revelation from God and she is re-writing the whole Bible. She then took out a bunch of papers all stacked up and showed me that she had done the whole Old Testament already and then she showed me what she was working on, and she was half way done the new testament...CRAZY!! And then she told me when she’s done she’s going to give a copy to every church, one for the Catholics and one to the Mormons and one to everyone. It was so weird haha so anyway I tried getting out of there as soon as possible because there was no point in being there and we got out of there in like 10 or 15 minutes. So I did pretty good especially since she just kept talking forever!!!!! And then we took the bus home and on the bus I saw Titus! I had not seen him for 6 weeks and he had stopped answering our phone calls. He came up to me and gave me a big hug and told me he had been in Sicily and that he was leaving for another week the next day. I told him I was leaving and that I missed him and when he comes back that the missionaries should go to his house again and he agreed. That night we went to Vanessa’s house and on the way I saw Gabriella Serra (the vegetarian) and so I told her I was leaving too and we got to talk a little bit. Despite everything that happened, we are still good friends. Anyway so this was just a weird day, with meeting people and seeing crazy people hahaha but it was a good day.

SUNDAY- We had church and Anziano Taggart gave his first talk. It was really good! I’m really proud of him. Then after church we went to a baptism in Torino 1 with Vanessa and Samantha to show Samantha what a baptism is like. It was really well. When we came back, we were walking in an area deciding where to do casa and this guy comes up and starts talking to us so we began to walk and talk and then I asked if we could go to his house one time and talk more about this and he said yeah right now, we are at my house come in.  So we went in. It wasn’t what I imagined haha he lived in a group home with like a bunch of rather odd people haha but they invited us to eat with them so we did. While eating we talked about the gospel. It was hard to feel the spirit because there was this one Atheist who kept saying I was lying and he would just cut me off. Anyways so we told him we can do the next lesson at church and that we would call him this week. It was just a cool miracle and we got to eat and it was good. :) Steak and pasta can’t be beat! :)

MONDAY- Monday morning was soooooo annoying. Anziano Taggart needed to change his American money for Euros so we went to the bank and waited in line for only 15 minutes. Then we asked if we could change money there she told us we had to go to the other cashier guy so we had to wait back in line and then talk to hi. This guy was UNBELIEVABLE! Anziano Taggart had two 20s, one 10 and one 5 and the guy was examining the 10 but more he was examining the 5 and telling us it was fake and asking how long we have had it. Finally we just passed it and decided that maybe it was fake....who checks to see if the $5 is fake? Who does that?? Anyway then he wanted a document, but the one we had wasn’t good enough; he needed a passport. So we went all the way home, got the passport and came back. He did the exact same thing and then told us after all of this that he couldn’t switch our money because we need some other Italian resident cards which we don’t have because we aren’t Italian. Haha so anyway it was this whole mess for nothing....it was pretty annoying but I’ll remember this forever! Hahaha after that we did casa and then went to this members house, the Cavallis (I took a picture with them) and we made tiramisu together (without coffee and alcohol :P) hahahaha and then we ate crepes. It was good; first we had some with ham and cheese and then we had desert crepes, so good! :) Another cheese that I like is called Fontina. :)

TUESDAY- I got the call from president that morning at like 9. He called and had thought he called the wrong number so I thought that I was staying because I thought he didn’t mean to call me, but really he did (hope that made sense). Anyways he didn’t really say a lot just like I was going to Montova and that he wanted me to be district leader and that in my district I have the zone leaders and 2 sisters. So we are 6; it should be fun. Later I was talking to my district leader here, Anziano Bolnick, and he got transferred to Verona as a zone leader and those are the zone leaders in my district! So we are going to be in the same district again! Haha so awesome! It was so weird like 1 in 100 that we would be in the same district! Haha anyway after the call and studies we went to church to teach that family that we got in doing casa like last week and we gave them a baptismal date for the 11th of June, and they accepted. So that’s awesome! It was a really good lesson and they seem really eager to learn more. I hope all goes well with them and that they get baptized. Then we went to the Caruso’s to share a message and take a picture and also we went to the bishop’s house to do the same. It was nice and I’m really going to miss everyone. Collegno is my home but I told them that I will come back with my family someday. :) They are all excited for me and sad for me also. Haha like I said Collegno is like my home and they are like my family haha but we must all move on. :)

All in all this was a good week! :) I don’t know the address for Montova yet but I will tell you next week.  Alright everyone have a great week, and I can’t wait to tell you about Montova next week! I love you all and I pray for you always. Your fast really helped me a lot thank you so much. :)

Love you all,
Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment