Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Wonderful Call Home


Hey!!

So how is everyone?? It was really great to talk to all of you I really enjoyed it, sorry I kind of broke down at the end, I think its just because I'm tired ALL THE TIME haha and the mission just changes you. I cant really explain it, but I really did enjoy talking to all of you and even showing you how much Italian I can speak now. Haha I still have a long way to go but it’s cool that now I can express myself which I was worried I wouldn't really be able to do before the mission so that's awesome. It was really weird seeing the house, like the living room behind you guys and just thinking like that I haven’t been there for almost 8 months haha and that that's where I used to watch TV with my family and such haha. But it was so nice to see you and see all your faces. I'm glad I was able to talk to you and bear testimony of this church and the work I'm doing here, I'm really grateful for the trials I've faced and the person that I'm becoming. Have I changed at all since I've been here??

Anyways I'll start on the week...

THURSDAY- I talked to this girl and gave her a book of Mormon; I really love giving that book away and telling people it’s free and how it has blessed my life. Then we had lunch with a member her name is Dina. I think I may have talked about her before, anyway she is from China and married an Italian here and then she found the church and got baptized. She has 2 children and she’s the only one that’s a member. Her husband and children aren’t really interested, which is too bad. When we were there, we taught the restoration and the husband didn’t even stay for the lesson; he got up and was doing some stuff around the house and getting ready to go to work. But the food was really good, she made really good pasta, and we had some really good steak too! :) We ended up teaching Vanessa and we did another practice for Anziano Taggart. He taught the plan of salvation and it was really good. Then we had English class and I told them all that the next English class is probably going to be my last one. So they all decided that next class everyone is going to bring food and we are going to have like this little party thing. It should be fun, haha I didn’t think they were really going to miss me but I've made a few really good friends in this English class. Haha and I guess I have been here for almost 6 months haha crazy! That’s all that happened.

FRIDAY- We did weekly planning. We had more people to plan for because of a scambio Anziano Taggart did last week. He found a few people, which was awesome. Then we had an appointment with fratello Matranga, he’s the father of our ward mission leader. Anyways I don’t know if I've explained what a power lesson is, but ill do it again. It’s when we go to a members house and teach a short but powerful lesson that brings in the spirit and then we ask the member to pray for a street we should go do casa at, so we did and the member told us to go to Via Croce and also Via Allegri. It was a good lesson and we were excited to go work on those streets. For that day we had planned to do casa at another destination so we did that and planned to go to Via Allegri on Saturday.

SATURDAY- We started by doing casa near by because there was this lesson we had with this guy named Fabio. He was a cool and I’d say he was in his mid-20's. We taught the restoration and everything went super smooth, but then at the end he started talking about how we even know there is a Christ and how it’s not like Buddha or some other God and then I said “well we believe that God is our Father in heaven and we are all His children and Christ his son and also our brother who came to earth and atoned for our sins.” Then I explained how I found this out through study and pray and that’s what we believe in. He wasn’t convinced. It’s hard in situations like that when people just want a vision and they don’t believe in faith. I promised him that if he just tried and prayed that he would feel the truth of this message but he didn’t even want to try. He said he needed evidence... then I showed him the book of Mormon and bore testimony about how when we read this book and pray we can know the truth of 3 things: that Jesus is the Christ, that Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true church on the earth. Anyways I told him that that was the evidence that God has given his children and then he still didn’t want to even read that to find out. Pretty much I did all I could do get him to ask for himself because that’s the only way that he'll gain a testimony of these things, but in the end he said he wasn’t interested. It was too bad but everyone has his or her free agency. Then we were walking around talking to people and I found 20 euros on the ground! Haha it was just super lucky so for lunch I took my companion to McDonalds and paid of the both of us it was pretty sweet! :) Then after we did some referral contacting. We contacted 1 person who said she wasn’t interested and the other people weren’t home so we will have to continue another time. Then we went to Via Allegri where fratello Matranga told us to go to. So we did the first apartment building and nothing and then the second one and we got in!!! :) It was this awesome family; a husband and wife and a little baby girl that was like 1 year old. Anyway we talked about the family and how it can be something for eternity and they got really interested and started asking like a bunch of questions so we got their number and we will set up another appointment with them. So this day was really good. :) They are totally going to get baptized! :)

SUNDAY-  Sunday was an AWESOME DAY!!! We had church and I got to teach today, yeah! The lesson was on missionary work and I taught it with the ward mission leader. It went really well and I hope we were able to make an impact to help people just share the gospel more. Anyways after church I went to Andreas’ house, a member who served in Georgia so he speaks English. I made my phone call home and it was sooooooo awesome! I spoke to and saw you guys and it was sooo awesome. It was weird to think that it had been 5 months since I hadn’t seen you guys and the next time is 7 months from now, haha and that Jason will be home and ill get to see him! :) After I made my phone call, Anziano Taggart made his phone call and then by the time we both finished and got driven back home. The day was over so we didn’t get to work that much but we only get to talk to our families twice a year. Anyways it was really nice to talk to you my family. I love you oh so much and I'm so grateful for your examples.

MONDAY- Nothing really happened. We did casa in the morning and didn’t get in and then we had lunch but when we headed out after lunch, I got this knife-like feeling in my stomach so I went back inside to lay down. So we didn’t work for the rest of the day, which was weird and I felt bad but I couldn’t get up because of this stomach ache. I just popped some pills and went to sleep and then when I woke up I felt much, much better so that’s good. :)

TUESDAY- I woke up feeling much better I was in a little bit of pain but we went to district meeting and it was awesome as usual. We spoke about miracles and problems and about conversion and faith. It’s just so awesome to go to district meeting and to feel the spirit. Anyway we did that and then Torino 1 came to Collegno to blitz the area so Anziano Taggart went with Anziano Bolnick and I went with Anziano Wilkins. It was a good blitz but we didn’t really find anyone. Anziano Wilkins and I when to institute with Sam and Vanessa and the other 2 stayed in Collegno and worked. Anyways it was fun nonetheless. And that night we just stayed up and talked it was really fun.

Anyway that was my week. I love you all and I'm so glad that you are all doing great and that you all have such strong testimonies. I love you and just know that I know that this church is true and that Jesus is the Christ and I know that we are faced with challenges to learn and grow. I love you all have a nice week! :)

Love Anziano Glowa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment