Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"I'll change everything for Jesus!"


Bongiorno famiglia mia! :)

First to answer your question: I will receive my package on Friday,

THURSDAY- Went to a member’s house for lunch and then taught our baptismal dates after. Job and Shiko, they are cool, but not as legit as I thought. I think they will get baptized but I don’t think it will be on the date we first planned for them, but we will see what the Lord has in store for them, then we went to a new convert’s house, called the Singhs, we were going to go and watch the testament with them but brother Singh started opening up to us about how he has lost his faith because it’s hard with his health and living situation and nothing is getting better. We shared some scriptures and talked about them and bore testimony. I didn’t know what else to do I’m only 19 years old.... so we went to the church to pray and find an answer for what we can do. I felt truly humbled because I didn’t know how to handle the situation, I mean you learn in church how to gain faith, read, pray and go to church, but those answers don’t suffice when you are talking to a family who doesn’t have work and their living conditions aren’t the best... like I said, I felt truly humbled when I felt the sprit bear witness to us that we need to get the members to help them and that there friendship would go a longer way than our preaching to them about how to get faith. It was a good humbling experience.

FRIDAY- We went to Wener's house to teach his family Italian. I feel good when I help people and it’s weird how much of a hard time I had with French and now I’m teaching people how to speak Italian haha!! I’m not perfect or anything but it’s just amazing what I can do with the Lord’s help. After we did our weekly planning, it was fine we just planned like usual, then we went to Cyro's house to talk about the situation about Singh family. We felt really good that Cyro and his family would be able to help, they took the situation well and knew what they had to do, in terms of them going to go over and talk about how everyone has trials and talk about their trials. I’m just glad the Lord helped us by telling us what to do, and I’m grateful for Cyro and his family. They are really awesome and I know they are here in Mantova to help the missionaries. I really feel part of their family! :)

SATURDAY- We had English class but no one showed up... but that’s okay we got some stuff done that we needed to. So this past week Anziano Reynoso and I have been playing this Italian game. We only speak Italian and if one of us messes up, the other gets a point. The one with the most points at the end of the week gets to pick a restaurant and the other has to buy lunch. I won! :) So he bought me food at this Americanized restaurant. It was good; I got chicken tenders. :) Then we went and did parco and found this guy named Merlan. He is 20 years old and is from Congo. He speaks English though but he is a miracle. He said that he has not been to church for 3 years but that he wanted to go with us this Sunday. We taught the restoration and he agreed and knows it’s true. He has accepted the Book of Mormon with the Bible. It is amazing and he is learning Italian fast because of his French, it’s awesome. Then we taught some other lessons in the park but no one was really awesome like Merlan. I know the Lord guided us there to find Merlan! :)

SUNDAY- Went to church with MERLAN!!!! He loved it so much and was just way on top of things like answering questions, asking questions, just so happy that he has "found the truth" as he says, he is just such an amazing and willing person, I felt prompted to give him a baptismal invite for the 6th of August, and he accepted saying, "I’ll do everything to be prepared for that day." I love Merlan, he has been prepared by God for the restored gospel. Then we went to Mara's house, she is the cousin of Sandra the family we just baptized, they are sooo awesome! We went and ate and talked and had fun. Anziano Reynoso and I had to go on splits because there wasn’t room for both of us in 1 car so I went with Cyro and he went with Wener, so we agreed that we had to leave so I left first with Cyro thinking that Wener and them were going to leave right after us. Anyway we get to Cyro's house and no one was coming, so that’s when they called Canada, I heard your voice mom, and I understood everything you said, I understand Portuguese like perfectly anyways. I was in the kitchen while they were talking to her. It didn’t make me trunky or anything so don’t worry. Anyway, the other car finally got back and my companion told me that he was able to talk to their 20 year old son, Carlos, about the gospel and that he was interested in learning more. Carlos is just an awesome kid! He's fun and cool and super nice! So we had an appointment to go back and see him on Tuesday, it was a really good Sunday. :)

MONDAY- We had to go fix Anziano Reynoso's bike in the morning, then we taught Merlan in the afternoon and talked about the gospel and more about baptism, he is so excited. He understands everything so well, and he understands the priesthood and authority and everything so well. For example I told him that he could serve a mission, and he said, “no I am not baptized and I don’t have the authority from God to do so, maybe one day but I must wait to have authority like you”, it was sooooo legit! You have no idea how ready this kid is for the Gospel; I’m so excited for him! :) Then we taught some other people in the park but again no one really legit or interested, I’m just soo excited for Merlan he just loves the Gospel and just wants to follow Jesus so bad, he just keeps saying, “I’ll change everything for Jesus I just want to follow him,” he is so humble and amazing.

TUESDAY- We went to meet Carlos, taught and talked about the restoration a bit more, and we talked about our testimonies and how we came to this point in our lives. He is interested in learning more and he is just really open; he is just such a humble nice kid. Then we came home and got ready and went to Verona because today we went and looked at more of Verona sites like ruins and stuff. It’s way cool! I’m going to send pictures :)

Sorry this email wasn’t that long, I hope you all have a great week, I love you all sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for your support and your love. LOVE YOU!

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment