Thursday, July 14, 2011

Trip to Lago di Garda


HEY IM SENDING PICTURES TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha just before I write about the week, I’ll explain how these pictures are from when we went to Lago di Garda. It’s the biggest lake in Italy but there was also a bunch of cool castles and everything, the best part is that the missionaries in Verona know this catholic deacon and he drove us there and brought us around and told us all about the sites it was way awesome, I have more pictures but ill just send those when I send a package like next week, if you cant see my name tag its on my jeans because it was soooo hot and humid I couldn’t put it on my shirt and because it kept falling but hopefully you can see it. It was way fun! :)
 


Now to my week....
 

THURSDAY- we went to our branch presidents house for lunch, that was really good :) it was pasta sooooo amazing :) and then we came home and I saw this store that I've never been in. I was thirsty and looking for something to drink, I went in the store and found.... grape fanta soda!!!! They don’t have that ANYWHERE is Italy; I was sooooooooooo happy it was amazing :) so I was pretty happy about that. We had a lot of lessons planned but got stood up for most of them which wasn’t the funniest but it happens: P haha we did have an appointment with the Singh family, they are Indian and got baptized 6 months ago, they fed us and the food was soooo good again.... I didn’t throw up but I almost did :S they had this really weird yogurt stuff haha anyways I ate it but it was soooo sour :s hahaha anyway it was good non the less, you must try it before you hate it haha :)
 

FRIDAY- we started off the day by making our transfer vision, we prayed separately and then talked about what we felt then we prayed separately again and then talked more and then prayed together to confirm what we felt and we decided that the Lord has prepared 2 people to be baptized this transfer and then we can get 5 baptismal dates for next transfer :) I feel really good about this vision and imp excited to see what will happen :) then we did our weekly planning which took a while, we didn’t get to teach a lot of lessons today but we really set ourselves up good for the up coming transfer and week and I know the Lord will bless us for that :)
 

SATURDAY- today we taught English class, Carla is in America, so you must be wondering who we are teaching, we teach Pablo and Bruna our new converts, they are way good at English and way fun to hang out with so we have a fun time in English class :) then we taught this guy named wisdom, he's from Ghana has a way cool guy but has just not progressing because he cant come to church, because he just got to Italy he is staying at this hotel thing, and on Sunday morning, they cant leave the hotel, anyways we pretty much dropped him he was a good guy and when he gets documents to get out of the hotel we will meet with him again, then we went to the Santos families house because there was a surprise birthday party for Bruna so all the Brazilians from church us and some of there family was there and it was just a fun evening, I really feel like I'm family with the Santos family :)
 

SUNDAY- we had church which was awesome, I really love have church in Italian and now that I understand everything its way more enjoyable I don’t really even have to par super hard attention, so church doesn’t hurt my brain anymore :) then we went to work and worked our butts off to get 20 lessons, so we went to the park and talked to EVERYONE and taught a bunch of good lessons, by the end of the night we reached our goal and got 20 lessons it was awesome :) that night I got a text message from this guy saying  are you in for a 4th of July BBQ tomorrow? I feel really good about this vision and I'm excited to see what will happen :) then we did our weekly planning which took a while, we didn’t get to teach a lot of lessons today but we really set ourselves up good for the up coming transfer and week and I know the Lord will bless us for that :)
 

MONDAY- this day our ward mission leaders son Cyro who is 17 came out with us all day, he came to district meeting with us and I think he learned some stuff which is good :) and then we came with us to eat with this American peter, peter met us at the station, we began talking and asked where he was from, he said he was born in Montreal Canada, and that he left when we was 23 and got a green card and became American, he was way cool, he was English too and then I explained how I  was from Montréal and I asked him where he lived and he said Brossard, and then I said that’s where my school is pretty much, and he said he graduated from Champlain College in 1982, haha anyways it was crazy!!!!! We talked all about Montréal, about poutine, and he even had poutine sauce powder at home and gave me one for free :) it was just soooo weird how it happened, the BBQ was sooooo good and it was just sooo crazy that 1) he was from Montréal and was born in the royal vick and 2) he wasn’t some crazy guy he was actually normal haha I took a picture so you’ll see when you get the package I send. Then we came home and went to some appointments with Cyro and taught him how to work as a missionary, he said he was dead tired, I guess I'm just used to being dead tired, because I didn’t feel anything different haha anyways it was good for him to know how much hard work but also how much fun a mission is :)
 
TUESDAY- was a good day, we started the day by going to a members house that lives an hour away on the way we met this African who was way cool we took the same bus so we taught a lesson with him and gave him a book of Mormon the only thing is that he lives an hour away, we are going to go tomorrow (Thursday) to investigate so see where he lives, so we ate lunch at this members house so good it was a meet pasta and it tasted sooo good, then I sat on their couch for a second... bad idea....I fell asleep and so did my companion for almost an hour, when I woke up, the member had also fallen asleep, I felt sooo bad, I don’t even know what happened... haha I just passed out, I guess that’s what you get for working so hard in like a close to death heat hahaha its seriously super hot here, sometimes I think I'm going to die.... I come home and ring my shirt because my back is all sweaty...but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Haha its usually like 30 or 32 but then there is like 100% humidity haha but its awesome, anyway so we woke up taught the member a lesson and then took the bus home, we went and taught the Santos family and watched the prodigal son its such a good movie, a little old but I love it, I have it in Italian, I cant wait to watch it with you in Italian :) then we went to our ward mission leaders home and made.... POUTINE for them :) they all loved it and I'm proud that I was able to make it haha, I forgot to take a picture of it but that’s okay because I have another pouch of powder and ill take a picture then.... I MISS POUTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haha it was soooo good I almost shed a tear when I took a bite and it tasted like poutine haha it was a wonderful experience :) then we took a 9 o’clock train to Verona because today we went site seeing
 

WEDNESDAY- it was sooooooo much fun, I don’t really know the names of all the things we went to go see but it was sooo beautiful, I've been here 7 months, I LIVE in Italy and I still had one of those... I cant believe I'm in Italy moment :) it was so much fun and I took a bunch of pictures, I hope you like them, we saw a few churches but mainly castles and they were way legit! And super cool, some of the castles we went to see inside people still lived there, like there were houses is were awesome! But it was one of the most fun culture things I've done here in Italy :) if you want to know more detail tell me what you want to know and ill write you about it next week :)
 
 
I love you my family sooo much and I'm soooo grateful for all of you and all you do for me! Thanks for writing me, dad, I really do miss going on our adventures, I cant wait till the Glowa will reunite and continue the traditions and even when we get sons, there will be no backing out for you even if you are as old as grandpa haha :) thanks for all the great experiences and especially for that blessing you gave to Jason and I that night we did that awesome camping trip, I will always remember that I will be protected until my purpose on this earth is fulfilled, do you remember saying that :) thanks mom and dad for you Love and your support :) I love you both soo much and I'm so grateful for you! :) Love you!
Ciao la mia famglia! :)
Love Anziano Glowa
 
 

P.S tell Happy Birthday to Kim! :) Brooke! and Tristan! (Courtney’s cousin!) and anyone else I missed I know I'm late but better late then never :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment