Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July 13th 2011 - Loads of Works!


La mia famiglia!!! :)

HEY!! So it sounds like you all had fun last night. That’s awesome that you surprised Courtney, I'm glad that she enjoyed it. :) Haha I can’t believe Young Men's camp was already last week...do you remember when I missed YM's camp because my birthday was at the end of the month... haha that seems like forever ago. That’s so funny that Tim had to feed everyone… oh the good stories Young Men's camp brings. I'm glad that the youth were able to either bear testimonies or share a scripture. That makes me miss the guys who are still at home, like Jordan and Cody. Tell them I miss them and I love them thanks :)

MY WEEK.......

THURSDAY- We taught our new converts, the Dos Santos family, it was nice. I really love them and it’s so awesome that we will be friends forever. It’s so crazy to think that a pair of 19 year old boys changed the life of a family for ever hahahaha doesn’t that just sound weird?? Well I'm so grateful for this family and their faith, they are truly amazing in all they do. They are great examples for me.  Then we went to Wener's house to teach them Italian. They are improving well; Wener speaks very well because he works, but his wife stays home and takes care of the children so it’s harder for her to practice so it’s taking her a bit more time, but we will continue to help them.

FRIDAY- We did our weekly planning and know that miracles will happen, the Lord helped us with our vision for last transfer and I know that he will for this one too.  After weekly planning we went to the park to do some contacting (we call it parco), we found 2 Africans, they are way legit. We found Job who is from Nigeria and Shiko who is from Congo. They met each other here about 2 months ago. Job speaks English and French, and Shiko only speaks French, so I teach and job translates because I have forgotten ALL my French!!!! Oh how I wish I would have actually paid attention in class now.... anyways we taught about the Book of Mormon and got a return appointment with them for Saturday (the next day) to bring a French Book of Mormon for Shiko. Then we went back to Wener's house for a bit to help Erika (his wife) with her primary lesson because it has to be in Italian. We helped her and she practiced on us and it was great! Then we went and had an appointment with Margharita, she is a less active who is only less active because she takes care of her husband’s sister who has cancer, I think I've already explained this. Anyway she is way awesome and I love just talking with her. We taught her about the Gospel of Christ and the lesson went very well.

SATURDAY- We had an appointment with the Chinese guy names Fabio (I’m sure he changed his name when he got here) he has been in Italy 10 years. We found him last week contacting at a park. He said he was Buddhist and he wasn’t the most interested in the restoration but he said maybe his wife would be so we got his number. When we went to see him he gave us the address to the cafe he works at haha. Anyways his wife wasn’t there, we taught a quick lesson because he was working and we said we would call later to see when his wife would be available. Then we had English class and we have 2 new students Aniss and Daniela. They are cool they are a couple I’m pretty sure but anyways we will try and share the gospel with them as much as possible. The lesson went well; I taught about nouns, verbs and adjectives. Then that day we taught Job and Shiko in the park. We taught more in-depth of the Book of Mormon and Christ, and they accepted everything and said that we are their brothers because of the good word we share. Anyways they asked if they could come to church so we arranged to pick them up for church on Sunday. These guys are really legit and I’m getting a lot of my French back....well not the part that I can speak but I can understand everything, pretty much which is good :) Then we went to Cyro's house because it was his birthday Friday and he had a party and he invited a few people from church and a work colleague so we were able to talk to them a bit it was good. :)

SUNDAY- So we went and picked up Job and Shiko and they were legit, shirt and ties, and they loved church. It was hard for them because they don’t understand Italian and I can’t really translate; not because I can’t but because we are in a little room with like 30 people and I would translate to English and then Job would have to translate to French and if we did that, no one would be able to hear the speaker, so I just relied on the spirit to touch their hearts and it did, then I taught them with a member present. It was the uncle of the branch president, I forgot his first name so we will call him brother Zambonini. :) The lesson was awesome, I taught the restoration and then the member bore his testimony so we were going from Italian to English to English to French haha it was awesome the spirit was so strong, and there were tears and anyways it was just awesome, they loved church and want to come back. Then after church we went to the Dos Santos cousin’s house for dinner. They live on a farm so it was 45 minutes away by car, but they are solid referrals. We made a good friendship and taught a really good spiritual thought at the end. Anyway we are going to go back next Sunday and will teach more. It was a really good Sunday! :)

MONDAY- We had district meeting and I talked about giving a solid baptismal date and the importance of making sure the investigator knows it’s a big deal and not just something that’s in the air. I hope that made sense, anyway then when we got back we got our apartment checked for cleanliness by some senior missionary couple called the Fullers. They are way awesome, and we passed with flying colors, and that’s not because we didn’t stay up way late cleaning the night before.... :p Hahaha anyways then we went and taught Job and Shiko again and gave them a baptism date for the 30th of July!!!! That’s right I’m baptizing on my birthday what a great gift! :) They accepted and said they will get baptized when they receive a testimony that it is true which is awesome because they already know it’s true. We will continue to work with them for that date. :) Then we went to the Dos Santos family’s house for a last lesson because they are going to brazil for vacation for 6 weeks. So we watched the testaments with them and I made poutine, which reminds me.....MORE POUTINE SAUCE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha it was a nice evening and I will miss them a lot. :)

TUESDAY- We taught 2 Africans this morning names Daniel and Charles. They are really cool and interested but the only problem is that they live an hour away. We went to their house and they were way cool and want us to come back but it’s and hour there, an hour lesson and then an hour back so it takes a huge part of the day. We will judge us going there if they are willing to come to church. So we will see how this goes, we did teach about Joseph Smith and they accepted the apostasy and the restoration. :) Then we taught, guess who…you got it haha, Job and Shiko, we taught about the plan of salvation, and they loved it. They love everything we teach and everything we tell them. They love that we are young people spreading the word or God and my French is slowly coming back. :) Hahaha then we went to a new convert’s house to teach the plan of salvation to them all it went well. They are the Singhs and they are Indian, way awesome, they are just so solid in the gospel I love them! Then we came home to write the progress record (a record that we need to fill out for each investigator that we teach) so we filled that out for Job and Shiko and the Dos Santos family.

It was a good week! I won’t get my package this week it will be next week when I have interviews. Pray for me :) Have a great week! I love you all and I’m so grateful for you both of you and for your love for me. :) Thanks! LOVE YOU SOOOOOO MUCH and I’m so grateful for your example :)

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment