Thursday, August 4, 2011

I Couldn’t Have Asked For a Better Birthday!


HEYYYYYYYY!

This week was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THURSDAY- In the morning we went to a member’s house because it was their daughter’s birthday. She turned 9 and the family brought sick referrals for us. We ended up teaching the first lesson, the restoration, gave a book of Mormon and got their phone number and address it was so awesome! I love referrals through members! :) Then the zone leaders had to come over to do the baptismal interview for Merlin and we had to finish teaching him everything before that. It was just a day teaching Merlin and then the zone leaders doing the interview. They said he was the most legit investigator they’ve ever met; Merlin is the best. We also had to make the baptismal program. We found a picture of Christ sitting on a bench with this teenager and Merlin loved it because that’s how we found him. I still can’t believe we found him and he got baptized 14 days later.... so elect! :)

FRIDAY- Cyro (son of Cyro) came with us on a mini mission day thing; it was a good day. We taught Merlin with him because at first we wanted Young Cyro to baptize him. It would have been sweet but I’ll explain later what happened. Then we also went to teach Margharita. She's way chill, she's a less active because of a situation with her sister in-law. I think I've explained this a few times haha. Then we went to Cyro's house to teach his family English. Maybe when I get home I’ll be a language teacher; teaching people English or Italian. That would be fun haha we'll see haha!

SATURDAY- MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was seriously such an awesome day!! I got a call at like 9 in the morning, and Young Cyro was sick (the one we wanted to baptize Merlin). Cyro told me that I should do the baptism but I didn’t think that would have been the right choice. I knew there was a new convert in Verona 1 named Owen. He’s way cool. He’s from Nigeria, and so I called the zone leaders and told them the situation and Owen baptized Merlin. This was awesome because they are both the same age and are going to be friends forever!! It’s so great! Then afterwards we went with the zone leaders to Centro Verona to get a pizza for my birthday, but not just any pizza. It’s this really nice place and the cheese is made out of buffalo cheese....sooooooo good!!!!!!!!! And then we were walking and we saw the Boggi store. Have you ever heard of them? It’s like Lacoste in a sense, but for mens suits and it was founded in Milan in 1932 or something like that. Anyway we walked in and I found these super cool shoes for 60£ they were on sale. I didn’t really think I just acted and bought them. I figured it was my birthday and it was okay. I'm not going to wear them until I come home so they stay nice. :) Then we went back to our place and then headed to Cyro's house for the party. It was awesome and just filled with fun, friends and a good atmosphere. That referral I told you about came to my party and is just really good friends with all of us and she is even searching for another church. Hopefully we will be able to help her and she will like the message we share. Also at Merlin's baptism, he brought 2 friends and one of them is really legit and said that he wanted to come to church and everything his name is Samuel. :) When I got back home at night I finally opened my package. I just want to thank you all for all the things I got I love it all! :) I took a video of me opening my package and all that. Thanks for all you do and thanks Courtney for all you got me. I love it all I love the picutres of the buon campleanno :) and I listened to the CD I loved it! The best birthday gift ever!! :) I want to know about the egg…is it a pinata and am I supposed to bust it open? Tell me people because it’s at home and I don’t know if I should because it’s so cute and you put so much work into it. :) THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!:)

SUNDAY- Marlin got the Holy Ghost from a member in our branch. :) It was so spiritual and awesome and then I taught Merlin and his friend a lesson in church. The lesson went really well; we talked about the restoration and I felt prompted to give Samuel a baptismal date for the 20th of August. :) So more baptisms! :) Haha he is sooo awesome and like I said I love getting referrals from members. It just makes this work so much easier and in fact that’s how missionary work is supposed to be done. :) Then after church we went to the referral’s house that came to my party. I tried calling but she didn’t answer and she wasn’t at home I guess they just left for the day but we'll get a hold of them again.

MONDAY- I had district meeting and we just did a bunch of role-playing to help us teach better. It was really good and I feel like a learned a lot. The people in my district are: the zone leaders in Verona (Anziani Nielsen and Anderson) and the sorelle in Verona (sorelle Willy (who is a group below me and I knew her in the MTC) and Smith) and then us, so there are only 6 of us. :) Then we stayed in Verona to do a blitz to help the zone leaders with the work in their area it was really good and I learned a lot I was with Anziano Nielsen. He is such a cool guy and then we came home. 

TUESDAY- I had to wake up at 5 in the morning to take a train at 6:40 because there was a special training in Milan for District leaders. It was really good; we learned how we can be better teachers and examples and we did a lot of role playing to practice all the things we were learning. I loved it a lot and had a bunch of fun! It was awesome! It lasted until 5 in the evening and then we took a train back that was a total of 4 hours by train because it’s 2 hours there...fun hahaha. Anyway the training was really good and I learned a lot and I love getting edified on how I can be better! :) I love growing!  :)

It was a good week and a good birthday. I couldn’t have asked for a better day! I know the Lord is blessing us as a family and that we will and are getting stronger everyday. Thank you for your love and support and for letting me be part of this family. I don’t know if you know this but the earliest memory I have as a child is being at the Toronto temple and putting my hands in the fountain and being with my family and sitting in the grass....do you know what I am talking about? How old was I?? I love you and I want you to know that I'm grateful that we can be a family forever. :) I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!

Love Anziano Glowa "il Canadese Italiano" haha haha just joking I'm just pulling a Jason haha love you guys!!!!

Happy Birthday Uncle Tim, LOVE YOU SONNY BOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment