Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"I felt like Ricky Bobby!"


Hello all!!!!

So I’ll just start with transfers; Anziano Reynoso is going to Milano!!!!! And the Lord has called me to have another baby... I'm training again! :) I'm way excited! I cant wait to get him and help him start off his mission well. I kind of feel bad for him though because I plan on playing a few jokes with him, like going to a member’s house pretending it’s an investigator and just cause trouble... should be funny haha I love mission stories. :) And also they are opening up a companionship in Verona so now I'm a district leader to 8 missionaries. It should be a great transfer! I don’t know who my greenie is but I’ll find out and tell you more about him next week. So if you have any questions, let me know… :)

On with the week...

THURSDAY- We had a few lessons planned. We taught Merlain and he is just growing so fast. I'm so happy for him and that he accepted the gospel. :) Then we taught our other new converts: the dos Santos. Their cousins they have a 20-year-old son and his name is Carlos. He is awesome and he just opened up completely saying how he wants to change his life and how he needs our help so we are excited for him. :) And then we had a lesson with our other new converts: the Signhs. They are awesome and are just continuing in faith and just being a great example for the branch. 

FRIDAY- We had weekly planning and planned out an amazing week full of success. =) We had a lesson with some referrals from our member Wener. The referral is for a Brazilian family: Jucirara and Roberto, the girl is Brazilian and the guy is Italian. They have a 4-year-old daughter. The only thing is that they are not married...yet. So no worries, well get them. :) We taught them the restoration and they took it really well. They talked about how they feel a hole in their lives and we are helping them to see how this can fill that hole. We invited them to read the Book of Mormon and to pray and to see for themselves the truth of what we speak. It was just a really good lesson and I'm just so excited for them! :)

SATURDAY- We taught English class; it was nothing new or exciting but we were behind on lessons and we need to get at least 20 lessons so we went and just destroyed! We went and taught 8 lessons. It was awesome just stopping person after person and finding people that were willing to listen and talk and pray and commit. It was awesome. I love doing missionary work. It’s something I like to do and I’m good at it (not to be prideful). I know that the Lord has given me a portion of his spirit to work with and I’m only a good teacher because of him. I just love teaching to gospel, English or Italian, it’s all the same for me :)

SUNDAY- Sadly we didn’t have the people we were hoping to come to church. We wanted Carlos to come and Juciara and Roberto to come but they didn’t. That just means we have to work harder for next time. I love the gospel because I learn so much from it, even though I teach it I feel I learn way more then anyone else. Haha it’s awesome! After we went to a BBQ at Juciara and Roberto’s house and spoke about meeting with them and having a family night to watch the restoration at Cyro's house. We will get them to commit to church more fully next time. After the BBQ we went and taught some lessons and we had 21 lessons at the end of the week...AWESOME!!!! I love going past or goals it makes me feel so good. :) 

MONDAY- A new rule came out from the mission president. The last Monday of every transfer we need to take the morning off and clean our apartment. So we cleaned in the morning time; it didn’t take that long because our place was pretty clean because we clean regularly. :) Then we went to Verona and had a district meeting. The President called the zone leaders because one of them (Anziano Nielsen) is going to Torino. Anyway when he was talking to president I signaled at him to ask about Mantova so we could find out what was happening to us. He asked if Anziano Glowa would still be their district leader and then President said yes and explained what was happening. So that’s how we found out about transfers. Because Anziano Reynoso is leaving we went to Cyro's house with Cyro and Wener's families and had dinner and they had FHE so we got to play games with them it was sooooo fun. Reminds me back to when we would do FHE...3 times a year...joking joking haha but it was really fun.

TUESDAY- We went to our branch president’s house for lunch and then we didn’t know this but because it’s August the buses don’t pass as often...don’t you just love Italy haha! Anyway our bus didn’t come for 2 hours, so we decided to save time and that we would hitchhike...great idea right? Well it was but not for the first hour because we didn’t get picked up forever! And it was hot and the sun was terrible because it was +40 haha! But then we finally got picked up and brought to Mantova. I thanked the Lord after that one. :) Haha and then we went to Cyro's house for the family night with Juciara and Roberto and it went really well. We watched the movie and talked about it and talked more about the importance of reading and praying to know they both promised they'd do it so we will see on Friday because that’s our next appointment with them. Then we ate and talked and decided what to do for P-day. We decided that we would go to Modena and go see the Ferrari Factory.

WEDNESDAY- TODAY WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First I want to say sorry for spending a lot of money but I want to say thank you, thank you, and thank you because it was all worth it; it was so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll explain, so we got picked up at our house at like 9 by Cyro and Fatima. They took us to Modena and we took a lot of pictures more than 200 I think! And I bought a Ferrari Hat and I got post cards and then we were going to go to the museum but we saw a sign that said "test drive" and we saw that you could drive a Ferrari for 10 minutes only for £50. So I decided to do it... you may be thinking, but your driver’s license is expired, I was lucky enough that they didn’t check/care. I got to drive a friggen Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was awesome!!!!!! I went fast then like 200km!! It was sooooo fun and fast! I felt like Ricky Bobby! It was for sure worth it and now I will have that memory forever!!! It was sooo much fun I can’t explain it to you. You will have to come and try it but I want to thank you for putting money on my card and for letting me to do that. You will see pictures and I bought the video they took of me and I’ll send that to you. It was sooo much fun!!!!!!!! It was a good P-day; the best one I've had so far that’s for sure! :) I’ll have to go back to actually see the museum because we didn’t have time afterwards haha. Then we went to the worse McDonalds ever! This place didn’t even look like one from the outside. They didn’t have Big Macs and didn’t take credit card and they didn’t have ice cream or Mcflurry. It was the worst one ever. Anyway besides McDonalds this day was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You’ll see the pictures soon! :) And I wasn’t too rusty at driving because I haven’t driven in 10 months haha not bad ;)

I love you all so much and I’m so grateful for you all! I love you sooooo much!!!!!! Have a great week. :)

LOVE YOU
Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment