Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Another week goes by in beautiful Italy.


October 5th,2011

Hey!!!

Another week goes by in beautiful Italy...just to let you know our week was pretty intense this week, in terms of finding work, we finally dropped like all our investigators so we just looked for new people and there was Conference...long story short we still have a lot of finding work to do :) But I love it with all my heart, I really do, I can't imagine Jason right now, he must be freaking out I don't know what I'm going to do when I go home. I know I'll be happy but I won't be able to represent the Saviour like I have been and  I won't have that Authority. It'll feel weird, I'm not looking forward for that day, sorry to tell you guys, that's why I'm probably going to extend haha :)

so for this week...
THURSDAY- We did a butt load of casa got in a few times and found this 17 year old named Filipo, Bruna our new convert was doing casa with us so it was cool that he got to see a young member working with us and to see that it was normal to believe in Christ :) I love working so much it just makes me feel like I'm completing my purpose :)

FRIDAY- again a lot of finding work, little success but I know that the Lord is just getting us ready for a family to find. He wants to see our faith and wants to see how bad we want to find the elect. We are doing more casa then parco because it seems like we find more legit people when we do casa. I still love doing casa, but its also way too easy to find people that just want to listen because they have nothing to do but they wont commit. You never know who you'll find though so we are still doing parco and we are just going through investigators faster so we don't waste 3 weeks with them, we just move through people way faster then stay with them, the work is going great.

SATURDAY- We had English class in the morning and then I had to go to Verona for conference. So I got to listen to Saturday morning session, at 6 pm Saturday night with our new converts. I loved Elder Packers talk the most, I listened to half the conference in Italian because the English wasn't working. But I've been here long enough that I understood it, but its still better in English, you know have the original language. Anyways then we had to leave half hour before so we could get a train back to Mantova, so I missed President Uchdorfs talk which I heard was amazing. I'll have to listen to it later, but I liked Elder Packer's a lot, it was so powerful and I hope a lot of our youth were listening to it. I know our youth were and our new converts loved it.

SUNDAY- FULL DAY OF CONFERENCE it was DOPEEEEEE we took the morning train and got there at 10 in Verona. We listened to Priesthood session at 11 in the morning till 1 then at 2 to 4 we got Saturday evening and then 6 to 8 we got Sunday morning. We didn't get Sunday afternoon but I'll have to watch that on a p-day or something. I LOVED the Sunday morning session, it was soooo awesome I loved the talk on the Book of Mormon it was so powerful. I loved Elder Hales talk, I had no idea he was in sick, poor guy looks so different, but I like his talk on over coming trials and stuff I think he really related to it. And for me it was just so clear, that him an Apostle, could have such health trials and that it was for his growth just like all the trials we encounter in this life. Also I LOVED Elder Ballard's talk, I just love to think of my mission like a war against Satan and I'm on the front lines and I was saved for these last days because im one of his best haha not to be prideful . But I like to think about it this way and I just loved his talk to powerful :) it was just such a good day of conference, I was spiritually filled :)

MONDAY and TUESDAY- had district meeting and did a scambi in Verona with Anziano Dunshee, I love that guy he's so cool and we are the best of friends. I'm totally going to hang out with him after the mission, we just worked hard, had appointments, and talked about life and stuff and conference, it was awesome

It was a good week, I didn't get to work too much in my city after Friday but I feel conference gave me a boost to find and baptize, but it was a good week :) also can you tell Courtney that I got my year mark letter from her right on my year mark it was awesome and I got our Anniversary card from her today she's good I was very happy and impressed :) haha I LOVE HER SO MUCH!!! 

So my calling is going well we are going to meet tomorrow night to talk about activities and stuff but it was a very good week. I feel like I'm growing and learning from my mistakes and that im a true disciple of Jesus Christ :)

Sorry this email isn't longer, also dad I can't send you a tie because I don't have one because I haven't been to Firenze but I know they are good quality but do you think it will work this business do I have you on my team, partner? haha love you guys so much!!!!!!

I KNOW that this church is true, Christ Lives, we are LITERALLY guided by him through a living prophet. I KNOW that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. I LOVE this gospel so much and I'm so grateful for eternal families. I really am and I'm so grateful that I didn't fall away from this church in my youth, so that I can be here. And so can so I can be with my family for ever. FOR THE YOUTH READ THIS TO THEM IN SEMINARY, DONT SCREW UP! and if you do REPENT, its all about repentance, we are not perfect and God knows that but that is no excuse, we need to use the ATONEMENT OF JESUS CHRIST. I've been off the path and I can tell you, and bear witness that true happiness is in the gospel with your family there is no grater happiness. I love this church and I know that sometimes it seems cooler to not believe or to pretend that you don't have a testimony but I promise you that if you hold true to what you believe in, you will change the lives of many people and your friends will respect you and want to know why you are different. This gospel is everything, any question you have or want answered can be answered with this gospel, you have great helpers that are leading you to do good, my parents, your teachers and more importantly your parents. If you have made mistakes, GO AND TALK TO THE BISPOP TOMORROW! I know I am being bold but that's the only way. I'm sick and tired of seeing people falling away and thinking that they can sin. YOU NEED TO CHANGE YOU NEED TO GET BETTER, stop being difficult teenagers and be examples of the believers and if you didn't hear Elder Packers talk in the Saturday morning session. GO HOME AND WATCH IT, I promise you if you heed the words I've spoken to you now, your life will change and your friends will be receptive to hearing the gospel through the full time missionaries. It's NEVER TOO LATE TO REPENT, NOTHING YOUVE DONE IS TOO BAD THAT YOU CAN REPENT; THAT IS ALL CHRIST WANTS FOR YOU TO COME BACK HOME SO GO BACK HOME EVERYONE CAN DO IT; I DID IT AND I KNOW IM WAY HAPPIER BECAUSE OF IT: I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Please I beg you read this to your seminary class this whole paragraph, and don't change the words or make it less bold, I was filled with the spirit of the Lord while writing and if you read exactly what's there I promise you that at least one person in your class will go and talk to the bishop and change their life around. I KNOW THIS IS TRUE.

I love you so much and if there is anything I can do let me know I love you all have a great week.

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment