Sunday, April 1, 2012

We NEED TO STOP THINKING ABOUT OURSELVES!!

March 28th,2012

Hey everyone!

I'm really tired so i'm not going to make this a long email sorry, haha So things are going well  as far as being young men's president again... I was sustained on Sunday and had a meeting with the young women's presidency to talk about things we want to do together. I talked about my desire to reactivate the youth and to get the boys pumped up to serve missions. I'm so excited to have this calling :)

MONDAY. we had district meeting and then my companion wasn't feeling well, he was pretty sick so we just stayed in. I did stuff around the house and read and stuff it was great. Unfortunately we didn't teach any lessons.

TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY- we went to La Spezia and did a blitz. It takes a while to get there, we had to go to Pisa and then from there take a train that takes us more north to La Spezia. I was with Anziano Eveson, whose grandpa was Canadian and lived in Alberta. He told me he's been to Carmengay and Lethbridge and so dad are we related to any Anziano Everson? He's a really cool guy and I got to get to know him, he's so fun! He's such a good missionary, a real "preach my gospel missionary". He's what we need in the mission this is his second transfer and he's just on fire! Today we went to Cinque Terre, I dont know if you know what that is but it's sooo beautiful and it's right on the cost and its just houses that are built on mountains it's sooo awesome. There are 5 cities but we only saw 2 of them because there was a flood not too long ago and some of them are under construction. But we did that today because its right next to La Spezia. I took such good pictures and you would all be so proud, you'll just have to be patient though :) love you guys! tonight we have an activity with the Yms and YWs we are going to learn how to sew! :) it should be good practice for the boys when they go on missions!

I'll give you a heads up of my week, tomorrow to Friday we are doing scambi and then the week- end is General Conference, I'm so excited :) haha but this week has been so busy and it's going sooo fast haha but its way fun I love the mission so much!

Our investigators... MICHELE- we dropped him, there was nothing left we could do to help him and we just felt he wasn't progressing so we dropped him.I feel like in the future he will get baptized.

XIOMARA- still the same problem with her parents, we are really hoping for a miracle and we know that the Lord has a plan for all of his children and he will prepare a way for his daughter Xiomara.

STEFANO & CATIA- they are sooooo legit and they have dates for the 14th of April and they are soooo awesome, they read, come to church and pray and are so sincere, but the only problem with them is they aren't married... The Lord will help us and if they have the testimonies I know they will decide to get baptized!

We are working with a lot of other potentials but no one really legit comes to mind right now. With my new young men's calling I know we will get referrals from the youth and help new youth come back and all with the Lord we will do a great work here in Firenze.

I love you all and I love the mission. It has changed me and it is a commandment for every worthy young man to come on a mission what isn't a commandment is to be unworthy. We must all strive to be our best and I know that I am a different person because of the mission. I don't know where I would be without the mission. All I know is that everyday I see how the mission is preparing me to be a better member for the rest of my life. Something I heard this week was that Preach my Gospel isn't for the Investigator its to convert the missionary.  I know that I'll be  a better  husband, father and member when I come home, because missionary life isn't 2 years its a life time. I love it soo much! and when people ask me if I'm excited to go home I tell them, heck yes I am, because I can't wait to go home and continue to be a missionary. I know that as we strive to be obedient and help our fellow man the Lord will bless us. We NEED TO STOP THINKING ABOUT OURSELVES!!! stop it! we don't need to, if we put the Lord first and put his children first then the Lord will put us first so STOP THINKING ABOUT YOURSELF and everything will work out. I know that this is true, this church is true and families can be together forever what a great blessing to know that we are one forever and we will always be together. I love you all

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment