Sunday, September 25, 2011

My companion and I taught a lot of lessons.

September 24th,2011

Ciao Famiglia Mia! :)

THURSDAY- My companion and I taught a lot of lessons. We just went crazy on casa and parco and we are just teaching so much. Which is really good for my companion because he is learning fast, he is really good. I remember when I was at his age and its weird to think that I've been here almost a year... Scary but we are having fun, I'm more tired then ever just because of the heat too it get to like 35 degrees and then like 100% humidity its crazy!! But I know that the Lord will protect us from dying haha. I love working, its not always the easiest but it is the most rewarding and I love going out working really hard and just feeling good at the end of the day even if we don't find someone, I know the Lord is happy with our efforts.

FRIDAY- today we had a training at Verona, it was really well done, we worked on asking more questions and on doing role plays to practice. It was really good and I always feel so enlightened after those meetings. Also something crazy happened, its something new that the first presidency is doing, every companionship in the world is getting a portable DVD player. It's a risky move for those missionaries less obedient but its a great tool because we can watch practice dvds to help us improve our teaching. We had a lot of rules for them which is good because if we didn't things would get abused. I know that the Prophet is inspired and if this is going to help the work then so be it, but i wouldn't be surprised in 5 years if every missionary couple gets an iphone haha. We'll see I guess. Then after we blitz in Verona to help the work because they were down on numbers. 

SATURDAY- we taught English class, nothing new or exciting we are doing more stuff like translating English to Italian to help the students and also us understand more haha its fun. We were planning to go to a baptism in Verona with an investigator but he didn't show up, instead we found another one of our "regulars" and started talking. He never really got serious about the gospel but he was really humble, and just sincere, and so we taught him the restoration and the Book of Mormon again. He seemed really interested we felt impressed to give him a baptismal date and he accepted, he is from Nigeria and his name is Sylvester, please pray for him, he is so amazing and just really humble.

SUNDAY- we went to church and it was good, our branch is small but there is always just such a great spirit when we go there, I love the members, then after church we went to Cyro's house for lunch. I really love that family and they are such a great help to the ward and to our missionary work in Mantova. They're amazing.  Then we had a lesson with Sylvester and he brought 2 of his friends, Frank and Mike. We taught about the coming of Jesus in America (the book of Mormon) and of baptism. We invited his friends to be baptized and they accepted it was awesome! soo now we have 3 legit bap dates for this transfer and that's our vision lets see how many more we can get :) 

MONDAY- we had district meeting and I taught about using the Book of Mormon more in our teaching and helping people keep commitments that we leave them. Then we did role plays to practice it went really well. I love our district its so fun being 8 missionaries, just more input and I get to scambi with more missionaries and help them and get help from them its awesome. Then after I did a scambi with Anziano Dunshee he is awesome. We stayed in Verona and our two greenies went to Mantova. I think it was a good growing experience and helped them understand a lot and helped them learn the things they need to learn, they did great. I mean they have only been in Italy 2 weeks they did awesome, with Anziano Dunshee we worked really hard and we found amazing people. I'm in the habit of letting people know how purpose by inviting them as soon as possible if we feel the spirit. We invited 6 people to baptism and they all accepted, so now the missionaries in Verona have 6 baptismal dates, they are awesome. It was such a fun scambi and I really learned a lot from Anziano Dunshee, we share a companion. He had Anziano Zippro when he was in his 3rd just like me haha crazy, anyways we are just way good friends and are going to hang out after the mission, haha

TUESDAY- we re-scambied and I had to go to mantova with Anziano Dunshee to teach one of our new converts. 


This was a good week, we worked hard, did some scambio, I know that the Lord is growing me everyday and that this mission has changed my life, and will continue to change my life, I love the mission so much and I love you all sooooo much!!!!! thank you for all you do and for your love! 

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment