Thursday, September 8, 2011

The most amazing thing happened...

August 31st,2011


Hey!!!

this was a pretty good week :)

THURSDAY- we worked hard trying to teach as many lessons as possible we did casa and parco. We were able to teach 4 lessons, it was a good day. We taught one of our friends Sylvester. He is from Nigeria and it really interested in changing his life, we invited him to come with us to Verona for a baptism to see how a baptism works, he agreed, it was a good day.

FRIDAY- we went to Present Zambonini's house (branch president) and I told him everything that happened to brother Singh, he said he would talk to him and help the situation. It was a good lunch, the food there is always good :) Then we came back and had to get a train to Verona and Sylvester met us at the station. It was awesome that he came. On the way there we taught him about the Word of Wisdom and taught him that through reading, praying and going to church he can get help and grow his faith. Sylvester was so excited to go to Verona because he had never gone there and he thought it was so beautiful. The baptism was amazing, he made so many friends it was awesome the person getting baptized is also from Nigeria. Anyways it was so spiritual and amazing truly an amazing evening. On the way back on the train we read 3 nephi 27 with him, he really felt the spirit. I hope he pulls through, he does have a baptismal date. Now he just has to come to church 3 times in a row, if not we have to push his date back but lets pray for him :)

SATURDAY- the best part about Saturday was the evening, we went to Roberto and Juciara's house, the man is Italian and the wife is Brazilian. They are not married, but they have a 4 year old daughter, they are really cool. I don't remember if I've talked about them before. So we went to their house and they had dinner ready for us, so we ate. Then I was talking to Roberto about clothes and he said he had a really cool looking tight fitted yellow button shirt and so he made me try it on and he gave it to me haha. I told him  I would have to wait till after the mission to wear it haha. We were going to talk about the plan of salvation, but Juciara had some questions about coffee and stuff so we changed and taught the word of wisdom. It went really well and then we talked about how reading and praying and going to church will strengthen there testimony of these things. When I mentioned church Juciara said she didn't like church last week. Our branch is only 30 people and we meet in a small room and we have  3 families with little children...so its loud and the spirit is hard to feel. Anyways I promised her that if they would come this Sunday they would see a change and gain answers to there questions and they will know what they want. It was pretty cool to give a promise like that, but I had faith that the Lord would make this promise come to pass.

SUNDAY- we had church, sadly Sylvester didn't come so we will have to change his baptismal date. Juciara and Roberto came to church, and the most amazing thing happened...It was quite, there wasn't one screaming child. It was completely silent, it was awesome the spirit was so strong.The people giving talks were my companion, me and Cyro anyways it was awesome. I gave my talk just to them and the spirit was so strong, I know that the Lord helped my promise come to pass it was soooo legit. Then after church we worked hard to get our 20 lessons for the week and we got it!!!! I know that the work will just continue to explode and that miracles will happen :) 

MONDAY- we had district meeting, and this time I asked everyone to pick a favourite scripture and to bear testimony on it. It was nice it was like a little testimony meeting it was really spiritual. Then we came home and had lunch, then we did some parco and met a kid named Anthony. He is also from Nigeria and has a great desire to follow Christ, we'll see how legit he is :) then we had dinner at Dos Santos family. We went over and taught them about faith and about continuing in reading everyday and the importance about that, it was a nice evening.

TUESDAY- we taught Anthony again, and taught him the plan of salvation, we felt inspired to give him a baptismal date for the 23rd of September, he is awesome. Then we taught the Singh family, and they are way better, he talked to the branch president and everything is much better. We taught on the atonement, it was awesome I love the atonement :) then we went to cyros house to talk about the missionary work.

It was a great week, I'm glad you were all able to have a good vacation, I love you all and next week I'm for sure going to send pictures I'm sorry its been a while again. I'm trying to find the best store where I can put all the pictures on a cd :) or I might just buy a USB and mail that to you we will see but next email there will be pictures :) I love you all sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love Anziano Glowa :)


No comments:

Post a Comment