Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sorry I don't have too much time this week.... I know that sounds like Jason !!!! Haha

September 14th,2011

Hey!! 

Sorry I don't have too much time this week.... I know that sounds like Jason but trust me on this one, also this week nothing special happened, it was just kinda like the same thing haha. We are teaching quite a few people but the problem we are facing right now isn't so much finding people  its more committing people, or getting people to commit to come to church. Read the book of Mormon, stuff like that. I teach everyone and we continue to see the people that are interested. I stop and talk to everyone but I teach those that are interested.
We have a few potentials, there is Jimmy, Kenedy, Anthony, and Godwin, they are all friends and all live together, the most legit of all these people I think is Godwin. He is just the most sincere of all of them, he asks good questions, has real concerns, and keeps our commitments. He told me he stayed up till 12, two nights ago just praying and searching for an answer, I know that if he continues like this and shows his faith, by praying, but also by reading he will get an answer. Because we know that "faith without works is dead" James 2:17  and I know that if he is only praying but not "working" and reading he wont get an answer, but I know that he will keep our commitments. 
A lot of our lessons, are in a park where the Dos Santos live, so we have been bringing Pablo and Bruna to lessons with us, they don't speak English too well but they speak Italian and I translate. I think they are a huge help, just for our investigators to see members, young members, that got baptized only like 2 months ago, and to see them bear there testimonies I think it really helps. I know that if we keep bringing Pablo and Bruna our investigators will create friendships and when they get baptized they will stay active.  
Its just awesome to see how to much is going well, but at the same time I know that work could be going a lot better. I guess that's just normal to think. Like what can I do more, or what can I do better, I know that if I always have that mentality in mind the Lord will help me be better and do what I need to do and He will bless me with success :). In terms of Juciara and Roberto, we haven't heard from them in a while...they work till late at night and they haven't been answering there phone. I know that Roberto went over to Cyro's house last Sunday and Cyro talked to him a little bit I hope that helped. But if they don't continue to answer our phone calls I think I'll just drop by and bring them brownies or something and just explain that if they don't want to meet with us anymore that's fine and just express my love for them and invite them to come to church and to call the missionaries when they are ready. I think that would be better then just leaving the situation how it is :) 
Our other investigator Enzo, we also have not met with him but we have an appointment with him tomorrow I believe. I'll have to check but he's a cool guy, I think he likes having us over more for a social gathering and less of a religious gathering. But if he is willing to keep commitments we will continue to go over to his house, haha. If now we will do the same kinda thing well do with Juciara and Roberto. Anyways that was my week pretty much, just teaching and finding and teaching and finding and then finding and teaching and then more teaching and more finding oh and then there is also some teaching in there with a bit of finding but then there is more finding with less teaching. Then teaching and finding, haha no but for real I love teaching people and finding them :) I love you my family you have a great week, don't get too trunky for Jason haha. You'll see him soon enough :) I still have to wait another year to see my only brother... but its all worth is for the Lord. I love you!

Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment