Friday, March 2, 2012

Another transfer but staying in Busto

January 25th, 2012

Hey sorry I don't have a lot of time this week to write (sounds like Jason I know :P) hahaha
This was a good week we worked hard... like always... but I'm sure you want to know about transfers :) me and anziano Mitchell are staying the same :) Which is good because I like anziano Mitchell and I love Busto the bishop here is the best :) But my district is getting white washed which means they are both leaving at the same time and 2 new missionaries are coming in but instead of elders coming in sisters will be. President has asked me to be district leader... nothing new but it should be fun, it will be weird to be in a district of only sisters.  So tomorrow I have to go to Milan to help the sisters get to their area and show them a little bit around like where their apartment is and also the bus to take to get to their church, it should be fun :) I'm excited for another transfer, we didn't baptize anyone but we have some sick new investigators who are progressing well, now that the holidays are over :)
We have ALI, he is Muslim and is from Sinagol in Africa, he speaks French and Italian. In stead of teaching the restoration right away we figured it would be good for him to know who Christ is. So we did a lesson on Christ and he just ate it up he loves the idea of a Saviour and of someone who can take our sins if we choose to give them to him. We explained how we can follow Christ through baptism, we presented to Book of Mormon and taught how this book will help him better know his Saviour. Then we asked him when he reads and prays about this book and gets an answer that it is true would he be baptized and he agreed and then we invited him to prepare for the 25th of Feb. and he agreed, so we are really happy and excited about Ali and we will help him progress.
We have KEVIN, he is from Nigeria, and has met with the missionaries before and was actually going to get baptized last year but had to go to Switzerland for a year so he lost contact with the missionaries. We taught him the restoration and he understands the importance of baptism so we committed him for the 25th of Feb. and he agreed. So we have 2 baptisms set up for the 25th of Feb., anything can happen but we will do everything in our power to help these our brethren enter the waters of baptism and make there first covenant with God :)
We have the famiglia Digrazia, there is the mother Mary, and the father Roberto, and 3 children, the oldest has autism and twins that are 10, the children don't like to sit and listen so we are focusing on the parents for now. They had us over for dinner last night which I don't really like to do with new investigators because they sometime misunderstand our purpose but they caught us off guard. We went over for 7 and didn't tell us we were eating with them and then we got there and the food was ready, so we ate and then taught the restoration. They are such a sweet Italian family, we gave them the soft invite that goes like this " when you read and pray and know that this is true will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone who hold the priesthood of God?" they said if we get an answer yes. Then I felt to give them a hard invite that goes like this "we have a baptismal service the 25th of Feb., will you prepare yourselves for that day?" They didn't like that too much and were just like wow calm down there, haha I don't think they understood that it was all accordance to if and when they get an answer but anyway so they denied the date. But I'm happy we invited because now they know our purpose :) we will continue to help them progress.
Mary Brando, she and her family has been sick with the flu so we have not gone over to teach her. I have kept in contact to see how she is doing but they are just sick haha. Our plan is to go over and make a calendar with Mary with the goal of getting baptized the 25th of Feb., and just go through steps she can take to get to that date prepared, we want to figure out her desire and help her reach her goals, she really wants to be baptized. It's not like we are pushing her, she wants to and she is just asking for our help. It's frustrating because when we bring it up at ward council everyone is like..."her husband just died she needs time" and I just think time for what? It is only through the gospel of Jesus Christ that she can be fully healed, and she wants to get baptized to go to the Temple in one year to be sealed to her husband... but so many ward members are like "she needs time" They just don't understand that time will do nothing but make it harder for her to commit, we need to help her see that through the gospel of Jesus Christ she can be spiritually healed. Anyway the bishop understands and backs us up which is the best thing and so we are not lost but I will follow the prompting I get because I know I have been set apart to be a missionary here now, and that I can receive revelation for Mary and for Busto:)
Sorry I don't have a lot of time to write. I love you all so much. Dad I'm writing you a card for your birthday it might come a bit late but it will come. Just know that I love you and I'm proud of the old man you're becoming :) (quote from Jason) haha you truly are the best dad in the world and Im so glad that I'm making you happy by serving the Lord. Just know that I love this work so much and that is why this Feb. in interviews with president I'm going to talk more seriously about my extenuation that I want. I love this work so much and I only get these 2 years so why not make them a little bit longer, plus I am not a perfect missionary but I want to give more of what is expected of me, Christ did so much for me and for us that i feel i get serve a little longer, but in the end its just more blessings for me, every time i try to pay the Saviour back i just dig myself a bigger pit of debt because i learn and grow so much. Anyway just know that I will be talking to president seriously and that if i do get extended it will probably be for the November the 15th that I'll come home...unless I can extend for longer... but we will see what the Lord says, this is just me speaking. I've prayed a little about it but not as much as I need to, anyway dad happy birthday tomorrow, go see lots of movies for me, I love you so much and dad one thing...I FREAKIN LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!
Love you guys have a great week...hope you get this email :)
Love Anziano Glowa

No comments:

Post a Comment