Friday, March 2, 2012

The Lord answers prayers, especially the prayers of hungry missionaries...

FEBRUARY 1st ,2012

First off, did you guys get the pictures that I sent last week? I sent like a whole bunch, but I don't know if you got them, if not then you can just wait till I send the usb back, which reminds me I never got it back, did you send it back in a letter or package??
THURSDAY-we had to go to Milan to get the sisters in my district, like I explained Varese got whitewashed and sisters were coming so we went to go get them, show them where their apartment was and the bus stop to go to church and all the other stuff, sadly that took up most of our day... I think the rest of the evening we just did casa or strada, talking to as many people as possible.
FRIDAY-we did weekly planning, and planned for our week and all the fun stuff, I cant remember what we did this day because I have a new planner because of the new transfer...I'm sure we just...oh I remember we just did finding work for like 6 hours.... haha and we didn't find anyone...I guess my brain is trying to make me forget that haha anyway yeah we just walked and talked to people and did some casa and sadly didn't find anyone really interested, but we will continue to look.
SATURDAY-we taught Kevin he has a baptismal date for the 25th of Feb. We talked to him about the book of Mormon and we found out that he doesn't know how to read... like at all, which is a little bit of a problem, in Mantova I had Book of Mormon CDs, but the missionaries needed them in Verona for investigators who couldn't read so I let them borrow them but I forgot them when I left. So I called the assistants to get a hold of them to tell them to send me my CDs so I will get them by next week. For now we will just meet with Kevin an extra time or two just to read with him and help him understand. He is doing amazing.
SUNDAY-Kevin came to church and so did Mary! We are working with the both of them, church was good as always, and then afterwards we went to Palladino's house. They are awesome, they just love us!! They were giving us a ride home and asked us if we wanted lunch. Since we were tight on money we didn't have that much food at home and I was praying that a member would invite us over for lunch and someone did! The Lord answers prayers, especially the prayers of hungry missionaries... FYI missionaries love to eat so mom and dad I hope the missionaries are getting fed by you 2!
MONDAY-we taught a Jehovah Witness, we  found him doing casa and he was way nice and we taught him the restoration and gave him a book of Mormon. He wasn't creating contention he was just really curious about what we really believe. Anyway so we got a return appointment, this time though he brought a friend. Like the first time he was nice and everything, he just wants to know what we believe in and why we believe that. I told him that the purpose was to help those who wanted to change or accept and we couldn't just come over and teach him if he wasn't open to change. He understood perfectly and told us if we feel it as a waste of time to go over to tell him, I think we will go over maybe 2 more times to see where this goes but if he is just having us over to be informed instead of searching something more we wont go back anymore... Anyway then we went to teach Mary Brando and we watched the restoration movie and gave her a baptismal date for the 3rd of March, this time we will teach her like a brand new investigator and give her reading commitments and follow up and really see her progress. It was different last time because I didn't know her and her husband had just died and I didn't want to be the person who just wanted to baptized her for the sake of it, but now I know her and I know that she's ready and I know that I will be able to better help her. Also she has more trust in us. anyway I know she will be baptized the 3rd of March.
All in all is was a good week, we need to find more investigators and help them progress, we have Kevin and Mary but besides them we don't have a lot going on, we need to get down and do the hard work that will find the elect!
I love you guys and I'm so grateful for your prayers and all you do for me :) I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
 extension
Love Anziano Glowa
p.s .. also I will be talking to my mission president the 10th of Feb. to see about my extension if its possible and what not, I'm not 100% sure if i wanna do it or not but I just want to see my possibilities :)
LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment