Friday, March 2, 2012

This week has been the coldest Italy has seen in 15 years.


FEBRUARY 8,2012

Hey!!
 
So this week has been the coldest Italy has seen in years. I'm talking over 15 years, it's a cold that goes straight to the bones, its been sooooo cold!!! but we go on! haha
 
FRIDAY-we were on bikes so the cold intensified by 1000% haha it was freezing. We biked for at least a few hours, going to appointment to appointment, we were visiting less actives and things like that. The fun thing is that the day we went to Palladino's house and they did a step by step, how to make an Italian lasagne! So now I know how to make a lasagne but not jut that . I also know how to make 2 types of pasta sauce, I'll be coming home and make all this good food! It's so sweet! I made my own lasagne and it tasted so good, just like an Italian one!
 
SATURDAY-  That night we did a lot of finding work, 4 hours to be exact, but in the freezing cold it seemed like an eternity, what was worse is that the people were colder then the weather. There was no one on the streets because of how cold it was and if there was anyone they wouldn't stop and talk because of how cold it was. I don't blame them, but then we went to do casa and the people were just as cold, slamming doors, swearing at us, just being rude, it was just one of those nights where the Lord try your faith, we worked hard but didn't find anyone... But I'm proud of the work we did because we worked hard until the end. Thank Courtney for the click and heat thing she got me for Christmas, I think it saved my little hands from frost bite haha I'm sure I'm just sounding like a baby haha but its friggen cold! haha
 
SUNDAY-get this church was cancelled! a pipe broke and there was water everywhere and it was cold so we got a call Saturday telling us that there was no church. So we just set up an appointment with our baptismal date Kevin in the morning. We met him at about 10:30 or so we taught him the word of wisdom and he accepted, he is excited for his baptism and I know that he will be baptized the 25th of Feb. He made us pounded yam and vegetable soup it was sooo good. Pounded yam is like mashed potatoes you take a hand full and forum it into a ball and then push your thumb in it to make a spoon out of it and then you dip it into the soup which contains who knows what but its good. That pounded yam is very common in Nigeria, in fact when we contact Nigerians we tell them we love pounded yam and they go crazy knows that we know their food! They speak an English dialect called broken English or pigeon, and they say things like how you day? which being interpreted means how was your day, or there is what did the happen? which means what did you do today. I know so many of these phrases and they call ask me if I lived in Nigeria and they are so amazed that we talk like them and have eaten their food. I love contacting Nigerians for that haha anyway we also had an appointment with Mary Brando, she's doing well and she is still working for the 3rd of March. But i just feel she doesn't have a huge desire, like she does because she wants to be baptized but it seems like she's not even trying to try and quit smoking she uses it as a crutch. We will continue to try and help her but sooner or later if she doesn't improve or shows her desire we wont be able to teach her anymore because there will be nothing for us to do if she wont help herself.  We will do our best. We had the sacrament with them our bishop gave us permission to do so because 2 of her children are baptized.
 
MONDAY-we had district meeting and I talked about how to extend commitments, and we talked about 4 answers we get when we extend commitments. There's yes, no, I can't, and I'll try (which in reality is a soft no, they just don't want to offend us) anyways we did role plays on how to respond and help them commit themselves. It was good, I taught them that if we teach the doctrine so clearly and show them how it applies to them or why they would want to keep commitments the answer will almost always be yes. Obviously sometimes they can't, like come to church when they work, so that is when you change the commitment and invite them to talk to their boss to see if they can change schedules, something like that. But it was good, then after we did finding work and again in this cold couldn't find anyone.... we had a member lesson in the evening and it went well...
 
TUESDAY-we had lunch at the Isabella's house they are awesome. I feel like they are my grandparents, they just act like it its awesome. Sorella isabella made such a good pasta I asked her how there was so much flavour. She told me that she does it differently and she cooks the pasta in the sauce so the noodles absorb the taste. Its soo good I got the recipe and I am now a master chef haha.  I can't share these tricks or how its down, in the future everyone will want uncle Ben's pasta! haha or uncle Ben's lasagne or uncle Ben's sauce! haha anyway it was a good lunch, in the evening again finding work but not luck. I know that the Lord is preparing people and we just have to work harder, today is a lot warmer a lot! and so tonight we are free to just look for people and I know there will be more people in the streets and such,
 
I love working, obviously I'm human and I get disappointed or tired, or cold and stuff, but I'll NEVER STOP! I'm here for 2 years and although I'm not perfect I'll do the best I can and I will always improve! i love this work and I love my mission so much. I'm so scared for when I come home and I'm in a world that I don't know, this is what I know now and I can't even imagine what things will be like after. So that is why I'm focused on what the Lord has called me to do. In terms of me extending I'm leaning more on the terms of not doing soo for many reasons...
 
I love you all so much and just know that I'm working hard. I'm not perfect and sometimes I fall but that's normal. What I have to do what the happens is pick myself up and keep going until the end. Just like that racing story of that boy that fell 3 times but he got up every time. I will always get up, I love you and I know that this work and that this church it true! I LOVE YOU ALL
 
Have a great week!
 
Love Anziano Glowa
 

No comments:

Post a Comment