Friday, March 2, 2012

I mean once you get, spit on, punched in the face, hit in the face with a cane, and get the cops called on you and get investigated, there is nothing you can't do.

FEBRUARY 15th,2012

Hey!

I dont have too much time to email this week, I'll just give a run down of our investigators and also talk about how interviews went with president...

As for investigators we have Kevin, he is no longer getting baptized on the 25th of Feb. He didn't come to church this Sunday and in fact this past week we have not met with him at all, because he wasn't answering his phone and it was off, we thought he was trying to ditch us because he wasn't interested. But, we had district meeting on Tuesday morning and we went to Varese and we found him! Well actually he found us, we were walking and I heard a "HEY!" and I turned around and it was him. He had forgotten his phone on the train and doesn't have money to buy another one so that is why we lost contact with him. The smart thing would have been to say "well we will come over tomorrow at such and such a time" but we weren't thinking and instead we just kinda said "when you get your phone this week call us" which isn't the best situation... But we are hoping on running into him again he's just one of those guys you see all the time at random times. So if we are doing the Lords work, the Lord will help us meet again, and when he does call us we will be able to see how legit he is! :) So for Kevin when we do meet with him we will move his baptismal date to the middle of March just so he can meet the bishop and everything like that...SIDENOTE: mom my bishops wife said she sent you a message on facebook, and you didn't reply... could you maybe reply hahaha thanks

Lets talk about Mary Brando and how frustrating she is... we went over Saturday night and had a bomb lesson, we talked about quitting smoking and her desire and everything. She is really scared to do it, like she thinks it's the most impossible thing in the world. I asked an inspired question..." how would you feel if we took all your cigs tonight" of course she just kinda laughed and said, "no anziano, you cant". I asked her how many she had here and I told her to get her pack, she had 5. I told her she could smoke 3 tonight and had to crush the other 2 and that the next day she was done forever! She seemed okay with that and crushed the 2 cigs in front of us and we thought we were making progress. The next day at church she didn't come, not to run away but because her son was throwing up, which was true because he looked really sick the night before. I gave her a call to see how it was going the whole not smoking anymore and she told me that she bought a pack and had smoked 10 of them!!! so frustrating!! I mean I understand its hard, but I just don't know what to do, I dont think there is anything, She will have to decide if she wants to quit to be baptized or not and if not we can teach her anymore, we have a lesson with her tomorrow, pray for us to figure something out thanks! :)

We got Winsin, he was a referral about a month ago and we just could never meet with him, finally we did. He's cool, he's from south America and he's 29. He wants to follow Christ but I can tell he'll do it when its convenient for him...he accepted a soft invite to be baptized but denied the hard saying things like im way busy with work and stuff. We will be meeting him this week again to teach him and help him come unto Christ.

Yesterday we were doing casa and the Lord blessed us, with all those hours walking and doing casa we found someone :) His name is Giulio pronounced (jew-li oh) He's way cool we committed him to be baptized he said yes. We didn't bring up a date, he's from south America and has been here 2 months he speaks really well and understands well too, we will bring a south American to our next lesson. He's 24 and I have a vision of him serving a mission in about a year :)

That's it for investigators, I talked to president about my extension, it made me feel good what pres said to me, he said "I would LOVE for you to extend, in fact plan on it" and then I said well pres "I'm not sure if im extending or not because of a few circumstances, like vovo and stuff. I told him I would pray about it and WHATEVER the Lord tells me to do I'll do it". He said I have time and I'll talk to him about it in about 4 months. So I don't know what to do, I want to extend but at the same time I'm getting more excited to see my family and I know it will be hard to extend. I know I'll have to pray about it and do what the Lord wants, just know that I love my mission so much!

 I love you guys so much and just know that I'm pumped to work, and I have been rejected a lot on the mission, haha. It reminds me of when I started my call centre job and the first "why the £$%& are you calling me" haha. I was so scared and just didn't like it, haha I feel like I can do anything with the rejections I've faced on my mission haha. I mean once you get, spit on, punched in the face, hit in the face with a cane, and get the cops called on you and get investigated, there is nothing you can't do. But I know that Lord is watching out for me and that as I continue and endure to the end Heavenly Father will be so proud of me :) I love you guys

Love Anziano Glowa
PS. Happy Birthday Cody !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment